Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cookie vs. Archie in the Warmest Fuzziest Hug-fest of the Year!

Wow, they really pumped this as a head to head battle. Simon said, "You must hate your competitor." No, not so much... They practically spooned each other on stage. Such nice boys, really!

First Round:
Clive "Walking Cadaver" Davis chose I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR which I though - "Wow, something from this generation!" and then I remembered that I actually heard it played at a funeral in 1989 - nearly 20 years ago. I guess "current" is a relative term. Cookie sounded great and I started to like him.

L'il Davy had to sing DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME which is basically a song that sings itself. It is completely awesome. And he did sound great and looked so gobsmacked when they complimented him that I started to like him too.

Second Round:
The less said about the wretched songs the better. Instead of commenting on the performances, which were both better than they should have been given the quality of the songs or the songs themselves (which sounded like DC's Disney Movie song-that-plays-over-the-credits and a high school talent show winner) I will post the lyrics to next year's wining song. (Fingers crossed!)


"I Believe in the Angel of Inspiration Now" (The Windows of My Love)

When I am feeling desperation,
I look to the sky
I see the angel of inspiration
Flying by...

When I need help
In a timely fashion
She gives a yelp
And tries to crash in...

The windows of my love.
The windows of my love.
Ooooooh
The windows of my love

When I need her aid
so quickly,
All my hopes are flayed
So sickly

She comes to me
She comes right now.
I love her so,
Oh yeah, oh wow...

The windows of my love.
The windows of my love.
Ooooooh
The windows of my love

(Repeat chorus 428 times and yodel like Mariah Carey's dyspeptic cat)
Thanks to TRISH for the title!

ROUND #:
David Cook (yes, I will use their real names this one time...) sang a song that I vaguely know and started to cry a little at the end! IT WAS AWESOME! I loved him. Not the song but the Paula-pleasing emotionality. Simon bitched him out for doing something he hadn't done before which sort of illustrated all that is wrong with this show.

David Archuletta sang IMAGINE (again...) and sounded great (again...) and all the judges had a spontaneous orgasm. It was gross to watch, frankly. If I were slightly more jaded I might think that Simon knows everyone's numbers and therefore knows who will win and wants to look like he knew it all along. Of course, it could just be that in the theater DA sounds significantly better than DC. But really it seems like DC is the more original and exciting singer.

But what do I know?

Brunie, OUT!

1 comment:

Lady Chardonnay said...

I love your song so much I want to marry it!! It's hard to pick a favorite line, they're all so worthy, but rhyming "fashion" with "crash in" may deserve its own award.

(However, points off for eschewing the word "moment," mandatory in all Idol-crowning warbles, I believe.)

xox
Lady C