Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thank you, thankyouverymuch...


So I know that Lady Char has been carrying the rest of us for the past few weeks. It just so happens I am home at the same time that Idol is on. So I thought I would celebrate by typing as I watch.

So Crystal opened with SAVED and did my favorite thing, which is singing like the best singer that ever sang. I am very tired of Randy name checking Bonnie Raitt (who I like as a personality, but am not all that big a fan of). The judges gave her the tongue bath she so richly deserves.

Andrew sang a Vegas-y version of HOUND DOG that didn't make me want to vomit. Ellen made my least favorite judge remark when she used the word "swagger". Dammit! Kara just said "swagger" too. Blech. The judges hated him and I have a suspicion he will be gone tomorrow.

Tim is singing I CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU. His guitar playing is good and Adam thinks he is so so pretty. And frankly, he is not bad. It hurts me to say it, but he is not annoying to me. Well, he still does that annoying thing where he says "uh" or "en" before a vowel as he is singing. And I believe he wimped out of ending on the falsetto. But he sounded good and compared to how he usually sounds - he was pretty awesome. I still loathe him, but he doesn't deserve to go based on this performance.

Lee is doing a bluesy version of A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION. It isn't his best ever, but I do love his voice. I think it was a little bland myself. The judges seemed pleased. Quite pleased.

Little Aaron is going to sing BLUE SUEDE SHOES and in his promo he sounded fantastic. And he does in performance as well. If you don't look at him he sounds freaking amazing! I just can't watch his Elvis dancing. But he sounded great. Simon pointed out that he didn't do anything new, but he did the old stuff well.

Siobahn looks incredibly stunning tonight. She looks huge next to little Ryan on the stools. Or he looks tiny next to her. Who can tell? Okay, her face looks a little funny to me when she is singing SUSPICIOUS MINDS. She sounds good but looks a little like Mrs. Cunningham from Happy Days. She rocks it out about 3/4 of the way through and makes me love her again. Randy concurs. And while I could care less what Randy says, he is right. In response to Simon's dis she makes what, from anyone else would sound like a bitch-statement, "If I can't even label myself, I don't think it is necessary to be labeled." But she believes it, so I will allow it.

I bet Brian Dunkleman stabs a Ryan Seacrest voodoo doll over and over every night before he falls into his fitful, tortured sleep.

Big Mike (He has a baby, did you know?) sings IN THE GHETTO. Beautiful voice. Damn. Beautiful voice. Man, that was really good.

BABY, WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO? is the question that Katie is singing. She sounds good and looks like the cutest dominatrix in the eleventh grade. I don't think it was half as good as last week, but not bad.

Casey is batting clean-up and he is singing LAWDY MISS CLAWDY. "Please don't excite me", indeed! He sounds all jam-band-y and I like it a lot. When he sings he's "down in misery" he has a little smile on his face that convinces me that his misery involves LOTS of patchouli smelling sex. It wasn't my favorite Casey, but it was pleasant.

In watching the review clips I am shocked to find that after Mike, my favorite is Tim! This is such a Mrs. Cynicletary moment. The two preformers who annoy me the most are my faovorites of the night! I also think Crystal, Lee and Aaron sounded great. Siobahn and Casey weren't overwhelming, but they were still good. Andrew and Katie are going home in my perfect world. We will see tomorrow.

Brunie, OUT!

3 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

It was one of those nights, and I only caught the last three - Mike, who I loved; Katie, who sang a crap song and looked like a drag queen but sounded great; and Casey, who didn't raise his game any but did fine with a dull song. I'm sorry I missed Glambert as a mentor, though, and I'm curious to hear Crystal (her little clip at the end didn't sound that great to me, so now I want to hear what you heard), so I may try to track it down somewhere and watch the whole thing. (Do NOT say Tivo to me!!!!)

xox

BeckEye said...

RE: Andrew

You have a stronger stomach than I.

BeckEye said...

By the way, Lady C, I believe MJs Big Blog still posts video clips with each recap.