Friday, January 20, 2006

A little pitchy...

simon
simon,
originally uploaded by thejoyofidol.
So Wednesday's episode was a little painful. And yet wonderful at the same time. My dear friend who goes by the name "Lacks Compassion" found that she did have the tiniest bit of feelings for other human beings. She felt the need to look away on several occasions. And I think that she added "Flawless" to her personal prayer list. Luckily she had to race home to see "Lost" before the tragedy that was Zack.

Of course, being me, I can't remember any of the good singers. Except for possibly homeless girl and Variety Barbie the bestest 16-year-old ever.

And at this point can I just say that I have had it up to here (picture me stretching my arms so that they are 471 miles long and reaching for the heavens) with the "vocalizing"? I understand that Mariah Carey started this obsession with vocal bobbling between 96 different notes when one would easily do and I am sure that she will someday pay for her crimes. (And heaven knows I suffered with her regarding that Golden Globes outfit.) But please, PLEASE make it stop!

And finally, I hated the way that they promo-ed Zack. And I hated Simon's face. And I hated that Zack was so naive to think that American Idol was where he was going to gain acceptance. If he had been a better singer it would have been really interesting - but if he were the butchest boy or the prettiest girl on the planet he would not have been invited to Hollywood. And the whining at the end was not pretty. And his mom's lipstick was awful.

But I still love Ryan, protector of the down-trodden, repetitive promoter of forthcoming embarrassments. Ryan. Maple Syrup. Hee.

Brunhildecrow OUT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brunhie!

I'm thinking Wed was more than a little painful. More like-WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY SHOW US THE GOOD SINGERS WHEN WE KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A "WORST AUDITIONS" SPECIAL!!!! Please, they need to show us more than one good singer each episode. Seriously. It's like "Here's a good singer. Here are all of these disturbingly misled people who obviously walked into the Idol auditions thinking they had a shot at being on the show when in all reality before they left their "home" someone probably forgot to give them the shot that helps them remember that they can't even complete a thought or get out a five word sentence without stumbling, and oh yeah, there were nine other people that we didn't bother to show you but, they were good, and they are going to Hollywood. Holy Crap!

Deep breath. In with the good and out with the bad. Okay, now, I can continue. It's okay that Flawless didn't make it. He'll be fine. Afterall he is an entrinmnnmmpmmnr-he cleans houses. Zach needs to get a grip and his mom needs to be on What Not to Wear. If Simon needs to ridicule ( and that is part of the glory that is Idol )at least stick to beating the performance into a smudge of what used to be a pulp, and leave their "orientation" for the rest of us to question.

Now, we look forward to next week's episodes with anticipation of North Carolina's chosen.-What in the Holy Heck were you doing awake posting this at 3:24 am?-And maybe we'll find out what they are going to do about Terell and Derell(the "obviously one is gay and one is-?-twins with the little beards)since they are probably going up the river on fraud charges to sing Bubba to sleep.

I can hardly wait.