Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Amazing Top 12 Performances Make Brunie Change Her Mind!

The new stage is big, the Beatles are good songwriters and away we go…

Syesha is the starter with GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE and she sounds fine, but Lennon and McCartney are not the kindest pick for a sultry R&B singer. She has a big glory note at the end, but I don’t know if that is going to make it memorable enough.

And I was wondering how they were planning on filling two hours with 12 singers. Apparently the answer is more commercials…

Chikeze blew my mind with SHE’S A WOMAN even though I knew that that was exactly what he was trying to do. I loved it.

Ramiele sang IN MY LIFE. Wilbur said, “She sounds like a girl, and a boy sings this song. Simon is going to hate it…” He also made fun of the people waving their arms. So far the girls are making me drowsy with their sweet, sleepy voices.

Jason covers IF I FELL and he sounds cute and a little dippy. He switches to the harmony parts at points and I kind of like that. He is not as good a singer as most, but he makes up for it with charm. And he makes a little “oh poopy!” face at the end of every song because he can’t the big note that they like at the end. Did you know he has dreads? I had no idea.

Carly sang COME TOGETHER. I liked her in her little film, and her song sounded good. Of the girls, she is the one that is growing on me the most. And certainly the best female performance so far. I also like how she responds to the judges.

Simon is so dang cute when he winks.

Wilbur’s advice to David Cook: shave your head and learn from Chikeze. Heh… My advice, sadly unheeded tonight, Don’t turn into Constintine. At least he is from Tulsa. I love Tulsa. I just wish he was different looking. Not necessarily cuter, just not all of the attributes I find personally distasteful – chin tufts, greasy hair, squinty soul eyes, poofy lips. He seems a likeable sort, I suppose. But like the maiden on her wedding night, I still need to keep my eyes closed. How did he do? He sounded great and everyone loved him.

Brooke played piano and sang LET IT BE. She sounded beautiful and didn’t do anything new but she has a real way with a simple song. When she let loose a little at the end it was really effective. Really nice job, my new favorite girl. Dang ugly dress though. And barefoot, hee!

David Hernandez sings I SAW HER STANDING THERE and did a nice little Elvis bit at the start. The song was a little old fashioned for Idol, I thought. He has a nice voice but in this song the bass line moves really quickly and the vocals always sound like they are trying to hold back the energy - even when the Beatles did it… Not a good choice.

Amanda has a softer haircut and looks cute and younger than she has before. She sang the hell out of YOU CAN’T DO THAT and I finally realized why people like her. She was fantastic on a song that I really don’t even like!

Michael is from Austraila? Do tell! He sings ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and looks like he is trying to pass a kidney stone. I am over the tiny little hold his undeniable good looks have had on me in the past. I hope the other women of America are with me. His voice is fine, but he has slipped comfortably into my least favorite boy seat. Welcome, Mike, I hope your stay is short.

Oh my gosh! Simon didn’t even know Carly’s name! I kind of love that. It means that he is less interested in this contest than I am. Bwahahaha! It is totally just his job. He could be sprinkling jimmies at Dairy Queen for all it means to him.

Kristy Lee sings – or yodels – EIGHT DAYS A WEEK. I think she might have tried this “turn it to country” shtick with something less famous and it might have worked. But this is country-fair painful. And her bouncy standing in one place and occasionally turn her leg to the other side movements didn’t help. At least it was brief. Please go home Kristy Lee. And AFTER I typed this Simon said, “Some ghastly country fair—” So I said Country Fair first. Copycat, Simon…

Little Davy is in the pimp spot again. (The pimp spot is what Television Without Pity calls the last performance, the one people remember.) Luckily, he is really a phenomenal performer. Except when he forgets the words. Oh my! Is this going to be a train-wreck? He keeps licking his lips like Barty Crouch’s son. His vocals sound great when they were on, but – Yikes!- you don’t forget the words! Luckily I think his army of prepubescent minions will vote him through to next week.

Chikeze, Carly, Brooke, David C, and Amanda should all be safe by virtue of being awesome.

Syesha, Raimele, Jason and Micheal didn’t make me want to barf or anything and hopefully will be back to impress me in the future.

Little Davy is going to be in the top 5 – not a chance in the world of him going home before that unless he comes up on stage and says, “I hate you America. Really, I mean it!” and then blows his nose on the flag.

So it looks like it is down to Kristy Lee or David H. going home, if the world is fair. What are you saying? Melinda Doolittle didn’t win last season? Okay, your guess is as good as mine.

Brunie, OUT!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's either Ramiele or David H. going home and I'm leaning towards David.

Lady Chardonnay said...

You are HILARIOUS. See? You don't need us at all!

xox
your silent partner

Barb said...

But I'm so LONELY! Write something, even if it is gibberish text message language.

D.A.4-eva!
Brooke and Me BFFEs!