Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Everyone has a birthday

The concept of last night's show - songs from your year of birth - was a good one. What is so crazy is how recent the kid's birth dates are - YIKES! I am very old. If I had to sing a song from my year of birth I would go with "Baby, It's You" by The Shirelles. That's how old I am!

Ramiele-Please-Get-Me-a-Professional-Stylist sang "Alone" by Heart. A good song, and better than anything else she has sung. If I were her, I would request a soprano back-up singer who does not blow me out of the water with her awesome voice - who is that - wow!

Birthday Boy Donovan Jr. is a good but not great singer with a chill personality. And how does he get his naturally straight hair to lock like that? Must be lots of wax. It was funny when he said he could have practiced more. I was waiting for him to say, but Dude, surf was up!

Sayisha was ok. As usual, Simon was right about how the song showed the limits of her voice. When she hit the biggest notes I thought, I am not getting chills here. She can't really get the super nasty going on those. No thrills from Sayisha but she is a competent singer.

Ch-ch-ch-cheated on your birth date (9/11) went next. Dude, sing more songs in your lower register - it is very nice and we hear very few baritone/bass notes in this competition.

Play it by ear Brooke sounded OK on a song I detest. She's a nice girl with a nice voice. That's about it.

Michael Johns managed to sing "We are the Champions" and it sounded great and he did not look like an idiot singing it. NICE, Michael.

I could not hate that Total Eclipse of the Heart song more. OK, maybe more now that Carly has sung it. She was really screechy on the big notes. She can go anytime now.

Tiny Blues Brother sang a song I don't know. He has a great voice, but he was not the best last night.

Could Kristy Lee PLEASE go home tonight? That song was like some ghastly Junior Miss Pageant performance. Is it unpatriotic not to vote for her? Then call me a traitor!

David Cox has had that same pseudo-badass expression since infancy! Maybe it will bother me less now that I know it is not put-on. That version of Billie Jean was SLAMMIN'!!! The best performance of the night with Michael Johns a close second. I feel safe in predicting that a white guy will win this year. I also feel safe in predicting that Paula, utter moron that she is, will end up living alone with 48 cats and she will tell them that they are magical, they are stars and that she loves all the colors and textures of their fur.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops -freudian slip on David Cox (cocks!) Of course, I mean Cook.

Anonymous said...

hehe,,that was awesome!

Liz said...

I think my favorite comment of the night was Simon's about David Archasomething and his song sounding like it came out of a Disney movie.