Friday, March 07, 2008

Brief Girls and Surprise!

I was hoping that someone would pick up the gauntlet of writing about the girls since I found them ever so dull. Alas it falls to me, for now to say:

What is the deal with Sayisha singing about adultery two weeks in a row? Is she trying to tell us something? Is this a cry for help?

Brooke sat still and sounded pretty calm for singing about a battle field.

Kady sang some terrible Queen song and then sang it even worse after they sent her home last night. (Notice the shocking lack of narrative flow as I combine singing night recapse with results night spoilers!)

Asia'h was also sent home even though she was peppy and charming. Travesty.

Kristy Lee's boobs sang something that saved her and was kind of twangy and I don't care enough to remember what it was.

Lily Munster, Jr. sounded fantastic singing I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING YOU and it was memorable enough that I didn't have to wrack my brain for the title. I think she is done with the show though. Something was going on. She seemed happy when singing and no other time. She seems like someone who doesn't think of herself as a capital-S-Singer and it might be that she misses her Harley and her patients.

Carley sounded great belting some big song and showing her tonsils. She seemed to have more personality during the give-and-take after, but I still find her technically great and totally dull.

Okay, that is 7 and I can't remember who the other girl is. Grrr... Oh yes Ramekin Mulberry! She sang AGAINST ALL ODDS which I like against all odds because it is that sort of 80s over-produced movie soundtrack song that I usually have no patience for. But I like little Rainbowbright Muldoon! She is tiny. With a big voice. And the hair that David Cook longs to have.

But since we know how it turns out - who cares?

As for the boys, I knew Luke was going. I loved his sing-out. He turned to his wife and started singing to her and then he thought "Oh, this song makes you sound like kind of a slut!" and turned back to the judges. (I am kidding, I just imagined that and it amused me...)

Then they brought Chikeze and Danny out and I thought "Curse you VFTW! You are making them send my tiny-toothed boyfriend home!" But it was not to be. Danny went home with tears in his eyes and a swivel in his hips.

Until next week-
Brunie, OUT!


Buddy TV is offering this What Would Simon Say About You personality quiz. I haven't taken it yet, but it looks fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks for posting our quiz. Its been a hit with American Idol fans. :)

Unknown said...

Ramekin Mulberry - LOL!!!!!

I cursed VFTW too but for totally different reasons. They made me fall in love with Danny and then he was taken away!