Wednesday, March 19, 2008

On ruining Beatle's songs

I do not know why the Powers That Idol decided to do Beatles songs directly following a week of Lennon & McCartney songs. Did they get a two for one deal? Did Michael Jackson beg them to pay for the rights to some of the Beatle's songs that he stole from Paul? Michael needs the money. Even after losing $48 million to that gold-digger, Paul still does not need Idol money. (How nice would it be to have $48 million be only SIX PERCENT of your net worth-damn!) Anyway, here we go again with these kids who are haplessly ignorant of some of the greatest songs ever written.

Amanda has good energy on USSR. It was a good song choice for her. I miss her strip-ey pants, though.

Kristy Lee needs to go home next. She had absolutely no clue as to the melody of her song. You know you're in trouble when Paula tells you how beautiful you look. Buh-bye.

David Tiny Blues Brother - There you go, David. His voice is so calm, sweet and earnest. Mr. C thinks he is the Melinda Doolittle of this season - so humble and loveable. I still don't see how he loses.

Michael Johns - Simon was right - this song is too long and complex to break down to 90 seconds. Even with the rearrangement he screwed up the lyrics. The entire judges exchange with Paula justifying his mediocrity vis a vis the ear plug (that he did not use) was really awkward and weird.

Brooke was sweet and post-hippyish as usual, but she does better with an instrument in front of her.

David Cook - It was going so well until he threw in that totally random voicebox bit. It ruined the groove! You would have been better off without it, Dude.

Carly - eh. She does NOTHING for me.

Jason Castro - Let me be the first to declare him the new Donovan! Old folks like me will understand.

Sayeesha - How do you not already know the song Yesterday? I can never understand how people who consider themselves singers can be so ignorant of so many of the world's best classic songs. However, it was her best performance and her best cleavage display.

Ch-ch-ch-chia - You started so well and then it became Hee Haw. TERRIBLE!

Miss Can't Dress to Save her Life - Honey is that the best you can do with song choice/outfit choice?? It boggles the mind.

Overall the show was sub-par with too much time for random blabbing.

Next week - Led Zeppelin!!!!!!

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Led Zeppelin would be awesome. I'd love to see how they chop up "Stairway to Heaven"!

Syesha was showing what she had last night. I'm sure she got a few votes for those puppies! I still want her to go home.

BrunhildeCrow said...

Oh my lord I screamed when I read Led Zeppelin! Oh how nice it is to read your post. I have missed you so!!!

BeckEye said...

OH Zeppelin. Funny, I thought the same thing and then I promptly kicked myself in the ass for it. Heaven forbid we are subjected to Kristy Lee Cook's boot-scootin' version of "Out on the Tiles."

But I would like to say that I'd like to squeeze Michael's lemon. I'd like him to give me every inch of his love. And then I'd give him a piece of my custard pie. Can I go off the board for a Robert Plant "big log" reference?

I'm sorry if I just sullied the good name of your blog, but hey, I didn't make up these dirty lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Beckeye - you're a dirty-lyric loving girl after me own heart. It is not possible to sully this blog!!!!
XO,
Mrs. Cynicletary