Saturday, February 25, 2006

We'll always have Paris...

France-y
France-y,
originally uploaded by thejoyofidol.
So the reason I have not posted since Hector was a pup is not, as one would assume, because I can't bear to follow Lady C. Although she is without a doubt the most observant, trenchant, brilliant AI viewer in the universe. It is because I just spent a week at what my children call "the happiest frickin' place on Earth" aka Disney World.

It was a great trip (thanks for asking) and yet, I kid you not, my children raced out of the Magic Kingdom so that we could make it back to the camper to see the girls sing Tuesday night! Yes, I am the proudest mother alive.

Of course we were so tired from running around that we all dozed off after Ayla. Pretty, pretty Ayla. Actually, Harry started dozing after Mandisa. But he woke up later and said (in the sweetest cutest sleepy voice) "Did Francey sing yet?" it took us a few seconds to realize he meant Paris. He loves her so.

Frank and I are both Mandisa-lytes. We adore her for her awesome voice and her kick-ass attitude. But Harry is in love with Paris. And we are certain that both of them will last well into the final 12.

We didn't get to see any of the boys. It was my mom's birthday and she just doesn't have the same priorities that we do. Shallow... But Frank wants it to be known that Kevin is his favorite on personality alone. Make of that what you will...

I prefer the actual personality of odd yet appealing Taylor. And the step-fatherly goodness of the nice country boy whose name I can't remember.

I can say that I am thrilled that "too pretty to breathe air" and "goth on the inside" - who will pretend that she hated selling out, or whoring herself, or whatever the kids are calling it today when she speaks of her experience to her friends later - are gone.

I know nothing of the portly man or the man who is all neck so I will refrain from comment. Except about their physical abnormalities.

And I am thrilled that things are moving on at such a pace!

Brunhildecrow OUT!

No comments: