Thursday, May 17, 2007

America is Stupid

Well, the part that voted for their "American Idol" Tuesday night. I was so mad last night that I didn't even post. If I had there would have been an -ing word in the title describing "stupid" and I know that our reader in Huntertown would have been very disappointed in me for using it!

I know it is just TV and I am aware that [crying jags over the demise of the GILMORE GIRLS - and an awesome ending it was! - notwithstanding] television is for entertainment and means nothing. And yet, I am really disappointed that I am not going to get to hear Melinda sing next week. That is what it boils down to for me. Hers is the performance that I look forward to every week. I can count on being entertained and surprised by her.

Jordin and Blake are fine. I have liked Jordin in the past a lot. I find her a bit disingenuous sometimes- she seems to slap on a look of surprise when she realizes that the camera is on her. But at other times she seems just like a kind of silly, pretty, talented, biggish girl who I would really like. And how can you not appreciate her feelings for Mmm Bop?

I bet Blake is more irritating in real life than you would think. I'd bet my big toe that he was a fat boy in middle school. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!) He has that "pay attention to me" thing running all the time and he wants to be played in the story of his life by Jim Carey. Need I say more? And he has funny lips. But he is from Washington state which is slightly in his favor. And I LOVED the way he was with Chris R. the night he went home. So my heart won't be broken if he wins either.

I guess I just don't care which way it goes. I will probably watch just to see the top 10 sing again. But I won't be emotionally invested. I mean it...

Brunie, OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Self-control is such a sign of maturity!
your fan in H.