Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our FOURTH Season

Okay - I may be slow in the posting and I may not remember much. But aside from the pity factor, the reason Lady Char and Mrs. Cyn keep me around is that I have the uncanny ability to look at our blog archives - conveniently located 2 inches to the right and 4 inches down from HERE* - to determine that we began writing in January of 2006. Math ladies, it is what seperates us from the millipedes.

I second the emotion on both Lil and Asa. I also adore the lanky graduate student studying barbeque. I liked the voice of widow-man, but I do hate the pimpin' of the dead wife. I like to think she is looking down from heaven and laughing her butt off at the emotional manipulation.

Creepiest of the season? Love-Songs-For-My-Mother (and Grandmother)-Boy. Oh how painful. I hate it when the show acts like this. I appreciated it that the judges tried to contain the ugliness when they realized how sad he truly was. Dang...

Put me on the Kara bandwagon. I really like her. She is funny and a nice fit. I read somewhere that she and Paula go way back. I like the new dynamic.

For some reason I am not finding these auditions as mean as usual. Let's see how long I keep my youthful idealism!

Brunie, OUT!


*Distances subject to change when other people write.

3 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

Dearest, I know how good it feels to point the Finger of Superiority (oh, do I ever), but if you read carefully, you'll see that I referred to the American Idol season number, not the number of seasons we've been blogging.

(Because I am a kind person, I'm resting my Finger of Superiority and merely indulging in the Head Shake of Pity.)

xoxo
Lady C

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lady Char. You did, in fact wonder what season of Idol it was. It was Mrs Cyn who wondered "how long we had been doing this". Next time I try to point out other peoples mistakes to make myself feel better about my lack of posting, I will be sure to only victimize the guilty!
~Brunie

Unknown said...

I'm glad you three are back blogging as well! I thought the second show was meaner than the first. I loved that goofy Banana Man. They didn't show enough of him.

PS - loved the term "Classic"! I laughed!!