Thursday, February 12, 2009

How Many Are Left?

And what proportion of them completely suck? Well, I guess I would go with one twelfth. Because, seriously, Norman Gentle? I have a huge tolerance for silly, stupid humor and I am not feeling him at all. And Tatiana, yes, she can sing, but she is 47 different varieties of crazy and watching her makes me want to hurt TiVo. Don't make me hurt TiVo!!! And finally, Nathaniel. I am glad they pimped up his prison-mom because that makes me feel like he is not just garden-variety teen-goth entitled. At least I know he has had some real issues that make him completely unprepared to live in the world as we know it. I am sure that being on a show where he will be judged by millions and found alarmingly wanting is just what his fragile ego needs. What, it's NOT opposit day? Crap...

Other than that, I liked how the show played out. Danny's best friend got the boot, not with Danny actually sitting beside him. Nice restraint, AI. Lots of beefy faced men and scrawny women got through. I was sad that Frankie didn't because the girl who sang-off with her frightened me! Alas, poor competetive Frankie. A couple of the single mom's got through. Thank you patient southern grandmas for the next few months of free childcare.

Stevie! She got through. I like her. And the Fozzie-bear haired guy who played keyboards and walked off stage. I like him too.

I don't know who the girl is that kept forgetting the words but that was brilliant to let her through. "You can't forget the words or you are out! Unless we like you and think we can market you and don't really care if you are dumb as a stump." Thus spake Simon. And what is with calling the big mouthed blond girl ugly? Simon practically said pretty is more important than talent. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with that man, other than feel morally superior. And then I remember I am watching American Idol.

I am not sure how it is going to play out in the next few weeks, but I am thrilled that they are going to start singing songs, which means that Lady Char, and Mrs. Cyn are going to be chewing bubblegum and kicking ass. And I hear they are all out of bubblegum!

Brunie - OUT!

No comments: