Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rainy Days and Thursdays

(They always get me down.)

A short list of people and entities who let me down:
  • TV Guide, which told me that Idol would be on at 9 p.m. Which it WAS NOT. So I missed last night's episode entirely, tuning in only to see Danny sing and Tatiana look psychotic. Which could have been any night.
  • The guy who recaps Idol for Television Without Pity, whose writing I cannot abide. After five pages of his self-indulgent blathering, I STILL couldn't tell who the finalists were. Which led me to (oh! the horror):
  • Freakin' Fox's freakin' Web site , which normally I would shun at all costs — it at least announced the three finalists but didn't tell me what I really wanted to know: Who was the top vote-getter overall? I'm assuming Danny, but it's not at all clear. And I'm not spending any more time tooling around that particular Hellmouth.
And finally:
  • America.
Well, Americans (and others) who vote for Idol, anyway. Michael Sarver? Really? I'm at a loss.

Whatever.

Lady Chardonnay, diligent and timely blogger, OUT.

4 comments:

BrunhildeCrow said...

Oh, Char - just keep repeating this over and over, "It's up to America and up to the power of love and it's up to faith and up to talent and hard work and I'm so blessed to be here." Let the words of Tati cleanse your broken heart...

Lady Chardonnay said...

Oh, what relevance are you?

xoxo
Lady C

Anonymous said...

The top vote-getters were not revealed but I'm assuming Danny was the top male because Ryan said that only 20,000 votes separated Michael and Anoop.
A fan,
Cindy in SC

Unknown said...

I was at a loss over Michael as well. I'm not sure what the rest of America was thinking but it wasn't what I was thinking.