Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Are all movie songs this lame?

It's movie night with Mr. Tarentino! He has made some of my favorite movies - Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1 & 2. He always has excellent songs in his movies, and I wonder why no one sang any of them (Son of a Preacher Man anyone?)

Allison: I never liked this Aerosmith song, but my dear friend Judith was in that crazy movie about the meteor, and my bro and sis-in-law used it for their wedding song. Still, only Allison can make me listen to the whole thing. Good on ya, Allison - you sang it better than Steven Tyler.

Anoop: ANOTHER lame song I don't like. But I think that was Anoop's best performance. It is the first time he has made an emotional connection, and that was good to see. What was up with that jacket, though? HIDEOUS!

Back to the future of Anime Hairboy: I wonder if he can sing anything without super-high notes in it. For a change. As usual he sounded good, but was not modern or fresh. I would love to hear him sing a Led Zeppelin song - he could really work out those Robert Plant high notes! (Did you see the two page NY Times story about if a gay kid can win Idol - I can't believe that question is still being asked - was the writer like 70 years old? News flash: MANY performing artists are gay!!)

Matt: Ouch. Matt - you know I love you but that was not a good performance. Singing another song I detest, he was kinda pitchy, kinda lost. I fear for his safety. Also, that giant pimple smack in the middle of his forehead, while covered with concealer, was very distracting. People will not vote for a giant blemish, I'm just saying.

Danny: Contacts tonight, Danny? You look good. You sound great. He made me cry when he looked heavenward at the end. Damn - I am a sucker for a twenty something widower. If he can sing his ass off that is.

Kris: Kris continues to improve, and although I didn't love his song choice, I thought he did well. I don't know what Randy's problem was.

Lil: I agree with Lady C. that she was much better last night. She has picked terrible songs from show #2 until last night. Although The Rose is not one of my faves, she sang it very well and I liked the gospel flavor. My song choice for her was the theme from Goldfinger. She could have knocked that one out of the box! Lil looks quite slender in her all black outfit. I think the stress of all the brutal criticism of late has taken away her appetite.

I am nervous for my boy Matt tonight. We shall see. Maybe a Clearasil commercial is in his future...

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

No comments: