Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Brunie is old


And I would like to point out that Lady C and Mrs. C are just a wee bit older than she is! Okay, more than a wee bit, she is practically an infant compared to them. But compared to the Idols, she is ready for Depends.

The wee ones each sang a song from the year of their birth. And maybe it is the senile dementia, but I didn't hate any of them. I don't remember some of their songs, but I remember a sense of calm enjoyment throughout the night.

I watched with Honest Liz and Felicity Goddess-Mother (hereafter to be known as FGM) and they were a barrel of laughs - giving each other Scott-inspired high fives and laughing at my jokes as well as being amazed at my ability to do all the rapping bits from Salt and Pepa's SHOOP.

So who was first in the lineup? The oldest, Danny Deadwife. He did the same old thing and I can't remember what he sang, but it wasn't horrible or memorable in any way.

Kris sang beautifully after him. Directly after? I can't remember. Also, I don't remember what he sang, other than he appeared to be singing in a pit of jackals.

Lil was in there somewhere looking amazing and doing a remarkable impression of Tina Turner and having kind of a bitch-face when the judges were talking.

America, these are my bottom three!

Scott sang something I liked and he was great (for Scott) and played the guitar (or at least held the guitar) and made cute and funny comments that made me love him even more and wish he could sing better.

Matt sang something I liked and he was great and I finally figured out why the judges were initially so gaga over him. He was wearing a Timberlakian chapeau that covered his facial wart, he has thighs like tree trunks and he was born in Dearborn Michigan. What is not to love?

Anoop sang TRUE COLORS and it was beautiful! He obviously sang it right to me. And while he is no longer my particular favorite, this performance would have inspired me to vote if I were the voting kind.

America, these are the ones I would be sorry to see go tonight.

And finally Allison and Adam. The A's if you prefer.

Allison sang I CAN'T MAKE YOU LOVE ME and she sounded amazing as usual. They keep comparing her to Kelly Clarkson and we already have one of those. But this girl can sing. And they said she needs to work on her personality. My feeling is that she has been trying (admirably and sucessfully) to hold back the stream of nonsense that usually pours forth from the mouths of a certain type of enthusiastic teenage girl. I think it is adorable when she slips up (when she talked about cutting that one time and then said, "Did I just say that on tv?" HA!) and if she loosens up a little more there will be more of that. Did I mention that her singing is amazing?

Adam got cut off because Paula talked so much. But he was a little slice of heaven singing MAD WORLD. He looked beautiful (and kind of pantsless) in blue light. And he made no creepy faces. I was just awash in his talent.

Those two are the ones I want to keep on my tv forever.

Funniest thing of the night - Honest Liz on Kara -"I have seven words for you - You're Awesome!" Bwahahaha....

Brunie, OUT!

1 comment:

ScoutFinch said...

Oh, I feel so honored to be a part of your blog- glad to have inspired you, and made you laugh. I'm sorry I didn't check it before, but your blog is added to my bookmark bar, so I will be sure to check it more often.