Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Boys Are Back In Town...

Wouldn't it be great if someone sang "The Boys Are Back in Town"? I love that little bit of '70s joy. But that's not what I am here to talk about. So on to the show...

Phil (I seriously almost typed Chris!) benefits tremendously from us already liking him. I liked the end of his song, MISSING YOU, when he got all loud and emotional – but the beginning was dull as dirt.

Jared (the Eyebrow) sounds great on LET’S GET IT ON. But he sounds just like Marvin Gaye. No deviation from the record at all. But he had some snappy dance moves. I still find him cutest.

Then they all get dirty, starting with Paula who is on fire tonight. She is so cute…

A.J. made me love him with some song I never heard (NEW SOMETHING…) He sounded bluesy and a little queeny and his moves were great. Best so far, by far.

Sanjay sounds like the kid at the high school talent show who you never knew could sing and blows everyone away. But he is no American Idol. Dull dull dull… He sang STEPPING OUT WITH MY BABY but he will probably be back because he is cute. And OMG (!) Randy called the high school talent show thing just as I was typing it! But this kid seems so shy it probably hurts that he even has to talk after he sings. Damn, he is young.

Chris sang TROUBLE which I like a lot. He dedicated it to his cute little wife. I held my breath when he went to talk to the judges – but it went well without Ryan acting all pissy and trouble-makey.

Bye bye Nick… I like Nick a lot, but he was only slightly less dull than Sanjay. Although Simon appeared to be snapping his fingers. Some parts sounded really smooth and I love the tone of his voice. But it wasn’t memorable. It made me miss Paris – the little singing firecracker, not the French city.

Blake sang VIRTUAL INSANITY – he did some scat singing. He was not at all dull. I don’t know how good the singing was, but I wasn’t bored at all.

Brandon looks so hot when he is singing. He is nice looking but nothing special when he is talking. But once he starts singing – whoo! – I get all Tiger Beat-y on him. He sang TIME AFTER TIME which is kind of a dull song if you’re not Cindy Lauper. But his tone was nice and his face is just like a poem.

I am loving Paula this week! And Simon is so lively tonight. Not necessarily kind, but lively.

Chris does absolutely nothing for me. But he will stay because he looks like Justin Timberlake. He sings GEEK IN THE PINK and there is something dirty about that song. I don’t know why they like him so much. His voice is kind of reedy.

So Sundance is closing the show with MUSTANG SALLY. He sounds better than he has sounded before and that will probably be enough to keep him in another week. And I like his little dedication to his son. I love that he knows how bad he sucked last week.
I voted for A.J. a bunch of times and for Brandon because he makes me feel so special.

No comments: