Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Little Something From the Ladies...

Like the judges, I too thought the girls were significantly better than the boys. With a few dreadful exceptions.

Stephanie Edwards – How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore
I never heard this song before – I liked it a lot and I really like Stephanie. Cute look – confident voice – I love her!

Amy Krebs – I Can’t Make You Love Me
She is not that interesting to me. She sounded fine, but that song needs to be more painful. You need the scratchy Bonnie Raitt thing. She should be singing about puppies and kitties. When Paula said she can do something to make us remember her my husband piped up in a breathy silly voice, “I could take off my top!” He is such a goober, but you can see that AI is sucking him in!

Leslie-the-Girl-Who-Scares-My-Children Hunt– Natural Woman
She doesn’t sound bad, but no one can sing this song who isn’t Aretha. It just can’t be done. It just makes everyone listening think, “Damn, Aretha cansing the hell out of this song. What is that pasty girl doing?”

Sabrina Sloane – I Never Loved a Man
Well what do you know? More Aretha. This one is better – maybe because she has a little more sass that the last girl and she is making the song a little less Aretha-like without making it sound like Karaoke. She did okay I think. Second only to Stephanie in my book.

Antonella Barba – Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
I love that this Jersey girl is singing Aerosmith! She is so danged pretty. I just want to hate her, but I don’t. I like her. When she said that her Idol journey was stressful my husband said, “So is mine!” And yet he stays in the room! I really think that Idol is slowly creeping up on him.

Jordin Sparks - Give Me One Reason
I love this song, but I don’t think it is really a voice show-casing kind of number. That being said, Little Jojo sang the hell out of it. And she made Ryan look so tiny!

Nicole Tranquillo – Some Way Some How (I am guessing, as usual…)
Wow, this blew! I like Nicole but her voice sounded just plain weird. I almost fast forwarded through her but I wanted to see if she would stop shouting. Dare I say? Goodbye, Nicole.

Haley Scarnato – Hmmmm….I’m going to guess It’s All Coming Back to Me Now
This sounds like something that Miss American would sing. Actually, this reminded me of the talent competition in the Miss America pageant. She seems pretty forgettable to me. She has nice teeth – I’ll give her that. But if she gets sent home I will not remember her.

Melinda Doolittle – Since You Been Gone
Is her face too big to win? I LOVE her voice and her sweet little personality but she looks like Linda Hunt in a wig. But I love her voice, oh yes I indeedily-doo! How shallow that I can’t seem to get beyond her Easter Island-like head. Shallow, shallow me.

Alania Alexander – Brass in Pocket
No one can sing this song but Chrissy Hynde. So reet… Too bad because I kind of liked her before this. Oh gosh – is she the one who is going to have to go to college? Poor thing… And she does look adorable with Ryan. When she gets kicked off maybe she can be his new beard.

Gina Glockson – All By Myself
You know Lady Char is going to love this girl because she has funky colored hair and a skippy personality. And she can sing! But I do think that this song is more like a week 8 kind of choice. Too swoopy. But she did really sing it. I hope to see more of her. And boy could she just slip Ryan into her pocket!

Lakisha Jones – And I am Telling You
Boy, they are selling Baby-Mama hard! She can sing and I really do like church singing girls, I just don’t like to feel manipulated. And this song is just too amazing and she sold the hell out of it. Shut up about your daughter and keep singing like that and I will love you Lakisha!

My go-the-heck-home picks are Alania and Nicole with Haley Scarnato as a spoiler. I didn’t pick the boys-go-home but I will now – they are Sundance and Rudy with Sanjaya as a possible alternate.

And maybe I will watch LOST before I slip off to sleep with a prayer of thanksgiving on my lips for the wonder of TiVo!

Brunie, OUT!

2 comments:

CindyinSC said...

Easter Island head indeed - great description. BTW, Chris Sligh is my homeboy. Glad this blog is back, especially since I can't find Jaded's recaps on the official site. You should post on the official site and become famous!

Anonymous said...

I wondered if Melinda's looks would be a factor, too. I kept thinking... she reminds me of someone.... Then it came to me... Little Richard! She looks a lot like Little Richard! Does anyone else see it?