Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Little Girls, Little Girls - Everywhere I Turn I Can See Them...

Gina Glockson managed to stay another week by rocking ALONE. And Paula keeps me loving her another night by telling Gina to take fashion advice from Simon with venom in her voice.

Holy Cow – Elena just wrote her ticket home. No one will be calling from the red states for the Dixie Chicks NOT READY TO MAKE NICE. And thepitchy-ness was obvious to even me. I have to say that I really like her and I wish she was a bit more interesting of a singer.

Yay – Lakeshia didn't dedicate her song to her daughter! (Did you know she has a daughter?) She sounds fantastic on the MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO GEORGIA. She is really such a natural singer. I can see why they seem to love her so much.

Can
I be honest? The only person I like to hear sing MY FUNNY VALENTINE is me. I find it to be really fun to sing but when other people sing it. It is like listening to books on tape - which I also hate. It is just too slow. However, I have to agree that Melinda is without a doubt the best singer in the competition.

Oh my, Antonella’s mom does that creepy singing-along-because-I-am-living-my-life-through-my-daughter thing. She is singing BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME which is a wretched song. I think that her lack of confidence serves her well. She didn’t try to much fancy garbage and it made it sound less irritating than usual. I feel so bad for that girl with her naughty Internet pictures. But she pisses on my goodwill by bringing up Jennifer Hudson to Simon in an I-told-you-so fashion. Simon makes the valid point that America voter her off, not him. If nothing else she certainly inspiresI-am-stringing-a-lot-of-words-together-with-hyphens-to-make-a-point-ness in me.

[And can I tell you that I audibly “squee”ed when she won the Oscar? And my husband audibly gulped when her boobie nearly fell out of her dress several times during the Dreamgirls medley.]

Jordyn is looking adorable singing the REFLECTION song that I hate because it is not the Supremes. (I have to say that I like Christina Aquafina after seeing her James Brown tribute from the Grammy’s .) She sounded fantastic to me – although the song does nothing for me. However seeing her stand next to Ryan makes me so happy I can barely speak. I want them to trade clothes and dance the jitterbug. Or have him hop on her shoulders and fight Mel Gibson in theThunderdome.

The song that Stephanie is singing has the strangest rhythm. I kind of really hate it. And she doesn’t sound that great to me. She looks fantastic. The most attractive of the night so far. But this song is crap - DANGEROUS LOVE – maybe?

I really liked Leslie Hunt. I think she was fun and unique. She did not bore me at all which is rare. She sang that Nina Simone song with FEELING GOOD in it.

Wow, Haley’s fiancĂ© is kind of cute. She is as orange as an Oompa Loompa tonight. She took the judges advice to go younger and sings QUEEN OF THE NIGHT. Sadly, the song is about how bad she is and she still looks like a fourth grade student-teacher. I want to bring her an apple and ask for help with my spelling words.

Sabrina can really sing. My kids call her Miss Pointy Face. I love the way she thanked the band at the end. I don’t love the song - ALL THE MAN I NEED or some such
crap. I pretty much loathe the song choices of Whitney, Beyonce, Celine, Mariah, Christina and every other pretty pop powerhouse

I am expecting Alaina and Haley to go home this week. If Antonella wasn’t so pretty it would be her. But next week she and either Leslie or Gina will be flushed. (Sorry) I am not voting tonight because I have not yet chosen my girl. It will probably beJordyn or Stephanie. I love Lakeshia and Melinda’s voices, but they remind me too much of my beloved Mandisa from last season and I haven’t yet gotten over her loss yet.

Brunie, OUT!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Funny you should mention J-Hud spilling out of the dress. In my house, we had a pool on how many verses she would get through before the tape gave way and one of her boobies came flying out for the world to see.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Brunie are your initials BF?
-a fan