Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hollywood Grail

So we are finally done with the dreaded city auditions and have made it to Mecca and I am strangely disappointed. It seems so short! Only two nights of the stress, crying, whining, bitching, moaning and - oh yeah - singing? What a rip-off...

Tuesday night I could have stood a look at more of the groups. I LOVED the beat box boys. They were so good. I was thrilled to see Hips-don't-lie Sexy-Colombianita go. Her personality was cute, but she couldn't sing for beans. And I was shocked that they cut Too-big-for-the-farm Girl instead of Not-quite-as-pretty Best Friend.

Speaking of which - this is what ticked me off about last night - the cutting heads episode. Okay, fair enough, obviously if they show the kid singing you know they are going to stay. And I was thrilled that my children's favorites (Sundance, New Dad and Curly-haired Funny-boy) and my favorites (Pretty Best Friend, Second-dorkiest White-girl and Single Mom) made it through. But I really think that the last two cuts were cruel and stupid.

Let me back up to say that on the first Hollywood night when they cut the entire first set of girls, that was cheap. There were some girls there who were perfectly good. They just did it to make a point and to scare the rest into really performing. Well, fine - but make sure you stack it with not very good singers! It is not fair to cut the good just to make a point. The same goes for the last two cuts last night.

Skinny Former-drama-club-geek and Pretty Best Friend were very close in talent - but PBF blew her words in the final performance and SFDCG rocked the house. And yet SFDCG has to leave? That is crap. Same goes for Sundance (and how I thank him for having a memorable name - I will eventually learn names - when we're down to 12) and Confidence Man - Sundance, if the clips they showed are to be believed, blew the whole week in Hollywood and CM sounded sweet the whole time. Any yet who is going through? The unique looking feller with the interesting back story. FDCG and CM wuz robbed!

I could have lived without Seizure Dancing Redhead and Barefoot Forever. I had hoped to link pictures from Fox's site so you would know who the heck I was talking about, but they don't have the contestants up yet! You would think they would have that ready to go as soon as it aired for obsessive fans. Way to disappoint, Fox...

Brunie - OUT!

No comments: