Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Where the Boys Are~

And here we are - where the singing begins! This is how my evening went:

Rudy Cardenes– Free Ride
He was certainly happy and he seemed peppy although not too interesting. My 8 year old said “Utterly horrible!” in a Simon voice. Paula said “I thought it started off fantastic…’ and my husband said “…but I’m drunk, so what do I know.” Which was pretty funny and prescient and the last thing I am sure I will hear out of him about Idol the entire season.

[Then I noticed that Randy is a dapper little dwarf with slightly irritating interviewing skills.]

Brandon Rogers– Rock With You
It is painful the degree to which he wants to have sex with me! The eyes, the mouth, the hair, the love… I can’t decide if I am eeked out or in love. Pretty voice, dullish arrangement, most natural movements of anyone on stage tonight.

Sundance Head – Nights in White FREAKING Satin
Goodbye Sundance, you suck.

Paul Kim – Never Gonna Dance Again
Don’t point at your feet when you sing about your feet, fool! He sounded pretty good although there was one crazy bad note and then he said, “Yuch…”

Chris Richardson (Justin Timberlake, Jr.) – I Don’t Wanna Be
Stiffest boy in the world. And he keeps looking like a youth pastor. And his voice is reedy. Blech.

Nick Pedro– Now and Forever I Will Be Your Man (or some crap like that)
Our local boy! Cute as a bug with the cheeks and the thinning hair. Quick, be a star before the hair is gone! He has a pretty, smooth voice and I can’t wait to hear him sing some Motown instead of this slop. (So I voted for him four times.)

Blake Lewis – Somewhere Only We Know
I like him, but it seemed like he lost the melody in a few spots. But it is a weird melody so I could be wrong. “An odd song” according to Paula. And I concur. Do you watch “How I Met Your Mother”? Well you should. And this guy looks like Barney. The horn-dog, not the purple dinosaur.

Sanjaya Malakar – I Love You a Whole Bunch of Times
I thought he sounded smooth – and yet the dull was nearly overwhelming. But he was cute and smiley and 17 so that may carry him through.

Chris Sligh – A Song I Have Never Heard of and Can’t Even Begin to Guess at the Title
He is a portly young man and I am a friend to the portly. He sounded good to me. I voted for him for my sons who adore him.

[At this point everyone assures us that they are not gay and Simon calls Chris fat.]

Jared Cotter – Counting Song of Some Sort
He really was the sweetest of the slow singers. I had no opinion of him before but I liked him after. Not tremendously memorable but then again, I have never heard of Brian McKnight?

AJ Tabaldo – A Thousand Kisses (well, that’s what I’d call it)
I liked him far more than I thought I would! I don’t know the song at all but I liked the way he sounded. According to Randy he brought nothing new so there’s that. But his singing was very nice.

Phil Stacey – I Could Not Ask For More
Damn! That was a scary first shot of him! He looked like a turkey. He sounded okay. He did some Bo-motional mic-stand flipping. Boy, you really need to see his mouth for his face to have any chance of being attractive.

[Then Ryan and Simon have a little bitch-fight and I finally get to go to bed.]

Nighty-night.

Brunie, OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls just finished and I can't wait until you post...
It is not fair to white women. The sisters are so blasted talented and have so much personality! There should be 6 black ladies, one or two white ladies and maybe three guys in the end. But I think we heard the winner and she sang last!
just humble opinion. Any one of the sisters has more talent than all 12 guys put together and maybe doubled!
I am not black/african american but I sure hope I sing like one!!!