Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Can I see the list?

I wish to know, please, if the kids chose from a list of "inspirational songs" or whether they could choose any song at all. Their choices seemed so weak overall, it's like they had 30 seconds to decide on a song. I have been thinking, what are some great inspirational songs? I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders, Purple Rain, Stevie Wonder's, 10 Zillion Light Years Away, maybe What if God was One of Us? As proof yet again of how very old I am, I thought, if someone did a kick-ass acappella version of You'll Never Walk Alone - that could bring down the house. Maybe only if Tiny Blues Brother did it. I thought David A. would shine since he seems to choose "inspirational" songs every week. Unfortunately, I found that overall, last night's performances were...uninspired.

Michael Johns started out the night with Dream On - OK, Michael, you had good energy and sang well, but again you have chosen a song that suffers when it is cut down to 90 seconds.

OH NO she is not going to sing that Fantasia song - Sayisha - you have to stop singing songs made (semi) famous by women with gigantic voices. YOU DO NOT HAVE A GIGANTIC VOICE. Moreover you do not have a unique or memorable voice. I do not hear you and think, oh it's Sayisha. I think, oh it's some girl with a nice voice who wants to sound like Whitney Houston.

Donovan Jr. was sweet and charming as usual. He does seem to be putting more effort into his performances lately. He totally needs to sing Sunshine Superman or Mellow Yellow. Unlike certain Whitney-wannabees, Jason does have a unique and recognizable sound.

Winner of Best Dressed again - Kristy Lee. She still looks good and she still sounds boring. I have to give her credit though, I think it was the first time that she sang an entire song and all the notes belonged in that song.

I must break the cynical truth to David Cook that some people are evil. Tomas de Torquemada, http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/good.html, Dick Cheney, they are NOT INNOCENT, David. I thought his performance was a little off - he couldn't really dig into that song. The GIVE BACK on his hand was almost not sickly sweet.

Carly just does not look good or sound good. I really hated that song and her singing of it. After the first verse I was bored and went to run a bath.

David A. has a beautiful voice. Just beautiful. What else can I say?

Brooke was just OK again this week. She is such a sweet little hippie girl, but she does not have the chops to win this competition.

I will be happy to see Kristy or Carly go buh-bye on Thursday night, as tonight will be Big Charity Pimpin' Night. Although, I hear that the line-up will be impressive and that some actual good was done with the money donated last year. But if all the kids hold hands and start to sing, "I believe the children are our future..." then I am CHANGING THE CHANNEL.

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

3 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

"But if all the kids hold hands and start to sing, "I believe the children are our future..." then I am CHANGING THE CHANNEL."

That'll show 'em.

xoxo
Lady C

BeckEye said...

Michael Johns' ass inspires me. I may have to write a song about it.

Unknown said...

Can you believe it? Michael is gone!!