Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Carey-ed away

My, my but all the A-list celebrities have embraced Idol - even Mariah! She is a vocal genius, but there's just something about her that is so irritating. The kids were super-psyched to meet her though, and she is a BIG BIG star. So, let's recap, shall we?

David A: I do not know the song he sang, but it's undeniable that the kid has superb vocal control, and the ability to really connect with the audience. He continues to impress, although he looked somehow terrified last night, and the leather pants, well, the less I say about leather pants the better. I will say that like Mariah, David is a natural born singer.

Carly: I listened to Carly without looking at her last night, and , well, it didn't help. She still does absolutely nothing for me.

Syesha: Her low notes were beautiful, but most of her singing is, like I have said before, nice, not standout, not memorable, just nice.

Brooke - Ouch - she was super pitchy last night which is too bad because it was the first time that she put some power behind her vocals, which sounded pretty good. She is just not a fancy vocal run kinda gal.

Kristy Lee - Well, I must admit that she has really improved, but that is because we have such low expectations that when she isn't horrid, she seems good.

David C. - Love that song and love his interpretation. And that last note - ROCKIN'!!!! I want to hear that song again! I remember when Simon told him months ago that he would just disappear on stage without his guitar. Although Simon is almost always right, in this case, not.

Jason - Another good arrangement, and I really like him. I think I dreamed about Jason, the details of which are...NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!

I can only hope that one of the girls goes tonight. Any girl, doesn't matter.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

No comments: