Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Neil Diamond, I Cried...

Wow, that was a train wreck!

Randy, can you pimp Little Davy a little harder please?
Paula, WTF?
Simon, actually you kind of saved it.

And the contestants:
Jason, dull as dirt although the BLUE JEANS song was less horrible than the other.

Big Dave, choosing two songs I have never heard is a double-edged sword. On the one hand they sounded good and I didn't hear Neil Diamond (who I kind of liked as a person, but can't stand as a singer) singing along. However, they were still written by Neil Diamond. So blah...

Brooke, sweet jumpin' Jehoshaphat that first song was crap. It was her worst ever. Worse than HERE COMES THE SUN. I have never been a BELIEVER of that song, but it sucked hard. I did like her version of I AM I SAID even thought she should have kept New York and 86-ed the stupid "not even the chair" line that has always made me enraged with its stupidity. I really liked when her voice broke, I like it when she means it.

Little Davy must just stop. He makes me crazy with his lip licking and his gasping and his closed eyes and he animatronic facial expressions. SWEET CAROLINE and COMING TO AMERICA are both crimes against humanity for which Diamond will someday need to answer and now LD is guilty by association. He makes me deeply uneasy. And I hate the way Randy talks him up. He is a good technical singer, I suppose, but he screws up the words and is loathsome.

Which brings us to Syesha. She is the second best one in the competition right now all around. Both her performances kicked total butt last night. If she stays this good TPTB are going to have to give up their beloved David vs. David finale.

And here is where it lies Brunie-wise:

Best in show: David C.
Best performer: Syesha
Most inexplicably attractive: Jason
Most earnest: Brooke
Most irritating: L'il Davy (that's right, I have taken away some of his letters. So there...)

Brunie, OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha - thanks for the laughs - I don't miss the IdolRant girls quite so much after reading you! Pretty harsh on poor lil'Davy though - valid point but garsh, he's just a kid - here's hoping here grows up into something good.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss IdolRant so much! They were really good writers.