Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Night I Die A Thousand Deaths...

Wow, there are few things that instill fear in my heart like "The Music of Andrew Lloyd Weber". I am trying to think of anything this man has written that I like. I suppose the "Always thought that I'd be an apostle..." song from Superstar. That is about it. Maybe "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" as sung by a high school choir. Other than that, blech...

And I imagine my pain is infinitesimal compared to Mrs. C's!

Lady C, however (With whom I was lucky enough to spend nearly the whole day!) is in heaven, I imagine. Could be wrong I suppose.

So back to the carnage:

Syesha slammed it out of the park with ONE ROCK AND ROLL TOO MANY. She was cute and funny and lively. They loved her and so did I. I agree that it was one of her best.

Jason inexplicably sang MEMORIES and made me sad because I hate to see him go. He was pained and a little terrified looking like his parents just found his stash and he is trying to pass a kidney stone. He is certainly bottom three...

Brooke sang YOU MUST LOVE ME and had to start over because she lost the words. Even Paula couldn't think of anything to say. It was harsh. She was scared and thinks she is going home. I can't disagree.

Little Davy sang THINK OF ME which, which as everyone knows, is a girl song! His testicles dropped right off and bounced across the stage and Rickey Minor accidentally squished one with his pointy toed boots.

Carley was shockingly my second favorite of the night with JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. She was having some fun and sounded great.

Big Dave sang THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT and you just know that he was reliving the time he almost got to play Will Parker in the Blue Springs High School presentation of Oklahoma! And then he nearly got to play Hugo in Bye Bye Birdie and then they did Pirates of Penzance and he was so excited because it was his senior year and he knew he was perfect for Frederic, but he also loved the part of the Pirate king and even the Major-General has that great song! But then he got mono and had to miss the auditions and he was so mad. He didn't even do stage crew and everyone said how unfair it was and what a rip-off it was. Well tonight he showed them all! He emoted and sounded fine. Wilbur picked up his book about three beats into the song. And I opened my lap top. It was that gripping.

Tonight I vote for no one, and tomorrow if Syesha goes home I will be ticked off because she really did do well. But I think it will be Brooke or Jason.

Brunie, OUT!

2 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

The combo of that little thing you made me buy and David C singing (and eye-seducing me)...actually, I kinda only need one or the other. If you know what I'm saying.

xox
Happy Lady C

Anonymous said...

That line about Ricky Miner and the bouncing ball made me LOL at work! BWHAHAHAAA! Hilarious.
Cindy in SC