Saturday, April 05, 2008

I know how you feel, Dolly...


Kristie Lee is still here????

Actually, she wasn't that bad, but Vote For the Worst has anointed her and that, combined with the fact that some people actually like pretty girls with great figures who can kind of sing, means that we will be seeing a few people I actually like leave.

Since Chikeze left I have been not caring too much. But I have to say that Dave Cook has really grown on me and I have a soft spot for Jason Castro. I like all the girls just fine, (with one exception) but no one is inspiring me to vote. And I did vote this week! See if you can guess who I voted for.

Anyway, I barely remember it (please pretend that you don't notice that I am posting on Saturday...) but let us go back through the mists of remembrance to a more innocent time, an old-fashioned time full of wholesome American values. A time I like to call last Tuesday...

Oh Ryan, you trickster! You nearly had me convinced that American Idol was cancelled tonight! Boy, that was a good one!

Brooke opens up with JOLENE! My favorite Dolly song! Have you heard the Rhonda Vincent version? Awesome! And Brooke makes it... dull. That will be a theme tonight, boring Barb.

David Cook and his pretty new hair-do sang LITTLE SPARROW which sounded great. And it was his own arrangement which makes me very happy. I like how he sounds and he has always been really honest about how these cool arrangements he has been doing are researched on itunes (how product placement-y convenient!) but it is nice to learn that he can put it together himself, too.

Ramilele sang DO I EVER CROSS YOUR MIND which I imagine I would like if Dolly sang it. Not so much the tiny pointy-haired one. She is cute and looking into my crystal ball (or if you prefer, TiVo) I imagine she will be leaving. If anyone would like to put some money on that, let me know!

Jason sang TRAVELING THROUGH and it was the perfect song for him. He looked and sounded like every cute boy I ever way playing their beat up acoustic guitar in front of their VW micro bus in the parking lot of a Grateful Dead show, God bless him. I like his sound, I like his look, I like his rambling last week when he was in the bottom three so I voted for him a bunch of times. I did! I felt like a naughty minx!

Carly sang HERE YOU COME AGAIN and she sounded great. I like her better and maybe she is just getting more comfortable. I still think there are a few people who need to go before. Sadly one of them is up next.

David Archuletta is "The Wheezer" according to Lacks Compassion. Nice... Now all I can hear when he sings is the huge gasps between his phrases. She also said something insanely funny about him but I can't remember it because we were eating dinner in public with 6 ten year old boys. Beh.... Anyway, he sang SMOKEY MOUNTAIN MAKES BARB FALL ASLEEP SONG. It worked. And he will be at least top 3 I guarantee it.

The less said about Kristy Lee Bosoms (as Wilbur calls her) the better. She looked fantastic. She made me wish I didn't have a snack so that I could go get one while she sang.

Syesha, who is probably my favorite girl, sang I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. LC, who was watching at my house (and dang if it isn't like old times with all the LC/Brunie time lately!), said it is her favorite movie song and is all Whitney-fied in her brain. As for me, I try not to think about Whitney and I really liked Syesha's version.

And finally Micheal Johns sounded fantastic singing IT'S ALL WRONG BUT IT'S ALL RIGHT or maybe the other way. He looked like he was passing a kidney stone while he sang but still managed to kind of be pretty. And I am relieved that he can sound so good. I found it ironic that I enjoyed watching David Cook perform tonight and had to close my eyes for MJ!

So I am just joshing about seeing the future. Ramiele went home and I didn't care. I hope it is not a dreadful theme next week. The Idols meet Henry Rollins is Mr. Crow's selection for next week. Damn, that would be awesome!

Brunie, OUT!

2 comments:

BeckEye said...

Closing your eyes during a Michael Johns performance? Why do you want to hurt yourself like that? What's next? Cutting??

Anonymous said...

I once won a beer in a bet over that song I Will Always Love You. A male friend refused to believe that the song was performed by Dolly and originally sung in 1982's Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. 10 years before The Bodyguard. But my favorite Dolly song is Hard Candy Christmas from the same movie. Cindy in SC