Thursday, March 01, 2007

Seperating the wheat from the chaffe

OK, let's slice and dice through these girlies.

Gina - I really don't like you. You were so mean and bitchy to that little Shakira-lette in Hollywood, and you are just not likeable. Plus, I hate your hair. And Simon was right about the fashion thing. That red dress was just wrong for that rockin Heart song. Even though I hate you, I must admit that you sang well. And true to my style, I voted for you on that basis alone.

Alaina sucks. So bad. Bye bye to Alaina.

Melinda was the best of the night. Original, spot-on pitch on a really,really hard song to sing. I like her a lot, but is there any way to make a person's neck longer? Her head is like a jack-o-lantern plopped onto a stuffed scarecrow at Halloween. If her hair was up would it help?

Antonella - so bad AGAIN. She didn't even have a passing relationship with the right pitch. Cuteness may save her for one more week, but she does not deserve it.

I like Jordyn, but she had a bit of trouble with that Reflections song. Like Simon said, she was so much better than others - but she is capable of much better.

Dangerously in Love by Beyonce is kind of a strange song. Stephanie did very well with it, but I don't think it was the best choice of song. Lots of non-fans of Beyonce may not get it. She has a great voice.

Once again I agree with Simon re Lesley. She is in a competition with some other women who have that gift of singing, and even though in ordinary circumstances she is a perfectly good singer, compared to Lakisha, Melinda, Stephanie, Sabrina, Jordyn she, dare I say, pales in comparison. The black girls are just in a different league as the white girls this year.

Haley's performance was like some kind of ghastly beauty pageant routine. Mr. Cynicletary and I both said these words at the very same moment at the end of her song. (Except I said Beauty Pageant and he said Cruise Ship - both with that Simon accent)Bye bye Haley!

Sabrina is very talented, but she was very close to shouting at points in her song. She is an excellent singer and will stay around for a while.

So, Antonella, Alaina, and Haley - I hope you didn't fully unpack, because your days are severely numbered.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

1 comment:

BrunhildeCrow said...

You don't like Gina because she was mean to the most irritating girl on the planet? I would have stuck a fork in Shakiralette's eye! Hate her because she described her boyfriend as "punk rock". Ew...
Brunie