Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Even as I Type~

-they are just about telling us who is in the bottom three! (Oh dear, Phil - no surprise there...)

But lets go back in time, shall we? (Insert blurry lines here...)

Last night was Latin night and it was a struggle to stay awake. Caliente? No.

Mindy-Doo started with Sway and she looked cute as a bug. The song did nothing for me, but she sounded swell as usual.

Kiki sang Conga. Her boobies entranced Mr. Crow (who just asked me just now, "They're only kicking ONE person off tonight??") but her singing didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad - just, eh...

Chris sang Smooth and I think he is about to be sent into the bottom three. [Oh how twisty the time is!] And yes, I am correct.

Haley sang Turn the Beat Around which Ryan called a Gloria Estafan song but which I know is a Vicki Sue Robinson song (Which was covered by my sworn enemy Missy Bell in the fifth grade lipsynch contest at Spruce Elementary School in 1977!) She and her slutty, slutty legs will be going home tonight. [I did love how she said she was going to put a robe on after coming off stage. I think she is probably quite fun in real life.]

Of course Phil is a proven bottom three club member. I thought he sounded pretty last night, though. The song, Maria Maria, was lovely except for the last line about a song played by Carlos Santana which was the lamest ending of a song ever. Really.

Jordin sang Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya, but I escaped. Heh, just rolled myself... (Does anyone else say that? Rolling yourself is when you say something so funny that you crack yourself up. I do it all the time. I don't know what that says about me. But what it says about Idol is that I am finding myself a hell of a lot more interesting than I did most of the performances this week...)

Except for Blake. Usually he is like vanilla ice cream, rice crispies or Sprite. They are foods that are treats for some people, but for me they do nothing. But this week, singing I Need to Know, he was like vanilla ice cream infused with caramel swirls and cashews or rice crispie marshmallow treats or ... no, Sprite always sucks. Wait a minute - like Sprite and bourbon! (I've never actually had those to beverages together but the longer this results show goes on, the better it is starting to sound.) What I mean to say is, he is essentially the same as most other weeks - but something about him catches me this week. Confidence? A sense of fun? The jaunty chapeau?

And finally, Sanjaya. I must say that he was the most true to the theme of the night. Singing Besame Mucho in Spanish, looking a little disheveled, leering into the camera like a slightly de-sexed and less skeezy Constintine Mavroulous. (The Constintine part isn't what I meant by being true to the theme, just the singing in Spanish.) Simon hit the nail on the head when he said it wasn't awful. It really wasn't.

And now I will post this so that Madame Impatient of Abominable Manor will get off my back with her incessant demands! Then I will fast forward through most all the rest of the results show and say goodbye to Haley, I think.

Here's hoping that Jordin or Lakeshia sings Jolene nest week!

Brunie, OUT!

No comments: