Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Good stay good, the bad stay bad.

This week was fairly predictable. Melinda ( her voice makes me smile), Jordin (soaring - made an old song sound young), Blake (smoothy-smooth), Chris (Nice job - cute outfit), and Lakisha (looking so pretty!) sang very well. Gina (who seems to be taking a page from Melinda's book re interpretation) and Phil ( kind of dark) were good. Haley and Sanjaya (they don't even get their own color) not only stayed bad, but if possible, they got a little worse. Even as the show went to the break and previewed the two of them I cringed in anticipation of their suckiness. This week I tried not looking at Sanjaya as he sang, thinking that his goofy looks might prejudice my ears. (And to avoid seeing the John Travolta suit he was wearing - ick!) But not looking was even worse somehow. He sounded TERRIBLE. And his comment about wanting America to hear that he really can sing, well, sorry honey. You sounded worse than ever. Voice so reedy, thin and lifeless. I liked Simon for saying, "Let's try a new tactic - incredible!" Hee hee. Haley was her pageanty worst. She was flat throughout most of the song, and she did that freakin' stop and pull back hand gesture that makes me crazy again! Even Paula had nothing nice to say to her except her last resort compliment - you look good in green.

How loveable is Tony Bennett! I wish he was my Uncle. Hits over 50 years - 50!! You gotta love him. And he made me get a little weepy when he talked about the song Smile, and how he thinks of 911, and soldiers in Iraq when he sings it. Some of the good do NOT die young! God Bless Tony!

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot begin to tell you how much it pains me to have to disagree with the experts, but, Sanjaya's voice is pleasant. Not great, pleasant. He is sweet and he pulled off the little dance with Paula with aplomb (and I don't really know what the word means, but he did!).
With the possible additional exception of Phil, you were correct, as we have all come to expect. See you after the results, Ladies.