Thursday, April 05, 2007

Premonitions

As you may recall, I have never cared for Gina. She seems mean and not very likeable to me. However, I have at times voted for her when she has sung well, and when she has demonstrated clear improvement. I thought she sang Smile beautifully, but as she sang it I had a premonition. "Smile, though your heart is breaking"... I thought, those lyrics would be just the worst ones to have to sing if you were voted off. Many times when the kids sing a song about leaving or saying goodbye,they end up leaving and saying goodbye. Just like Gina - oh no -she has to sing that song! Gina gave a master class is losing last night. The song was moving even to the cynicletary and she held it almost completely together. She was really feeling the final words of the song, "what's the use of crying, you'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just" (and then she let the other kids sing the smile part). It was perfect! It could not have been rehearsed better. I am officially pissed that Haley, Phil and you-know-who are still there.

And that singer guy who stood in for Tony? Michael Bleebloo - what was his name - he was jazzy but no better than many an Idol contestant.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

No comments: