Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

My predictions:
  • Rocker Amanda, who as a person I really enjoy, but as a singer isn't a good fit for this show, I fear (both the hard-rocker thing and the can't-sing-a-simple-melody-very-well thing)
  • Kady Malloy, who had two bad weeks in a row—she's dynamite in her clips, but can't seem to make the magic last for more than just one night
Usually Idol gives the final pimp spot to a reliable belter, and two weeks in a row that girl has let them down. Funny! I wonder who they'll give it to next week? Brooke, Ramiele, Syesha? Probably they'll just have the anointed Munchkin come over; I think we'd all be okay with that, really.

(re: Brooke: Mrs C, I totally agree that the facial expression needs to be in sync with the song's message, but I'm not sure I agree that "You're So Vain" is a song of heartbreak and sadness. I've always heard it as a song of empowerment and perspective, and Brooke's sly, confident smile was very appropriate to that interpretation. I need to reflect on the lyrics some more.)

Lady C, trying to decide between choir practice or Thursday night TV and more Chardonnay, and OUT.

No comments: