Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two of the Five Senses

While I am waiting for the commercials to run themselves out I will be going back to describe each contestant’s “look”. I realized today that I don’t even see appearances anymore unless they are strange. So I will try to recap the visuals as well as the sounds and personalities.

Michael Johns
GO YOUR OWN WAY
[Jeans, a bright orange tee that says “Music gives me peace of mind” and David Cassidy’s hair from 1972.]
Rough, a little reedy at the top end. Not very creative arrangement. But Fleetwood Mac is ultimately a dull band. Not horrible but not my fave.

Jason Castro
I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR EVERYTHING
[Jeans, blouse and dreadlocks that practically take themselves to the parking lot of a Moe concert to busk for vegan corn dogs.]
Dang! He took a disco song and almost made it something else.
They still put the drum machine and disco-bass on it, but when it wasn’t on it sounded great! Liked it a lot.

Luke Menard
KILLER QUEEN
[Lost his razor, didn’t have time to wash his hair, dressed like a bus conductor and still so so pretty.]
Nice voice, but he mispronounced three words in the first few lines. And he looked silly. Didn’t love it.

Robbie Carrico
HOT BLOODED
[Unwashed, unshaven and still wearing the white shirt and black pants he had to wear for chorus in high school.]
Whoo Foriegner! He sounded okay, but he was still doing his boy band hand movements. He can not kick the habit. Didn’t love it.

Danny Noriega
SUPERSTAR
[Student council president]
What a beautiful voice! And he only curled his lip once. He had a nice peaceful face as he sang. I really liked it.

David Hernandez
PAPA WAS A ROLLIN’ STONE
[Jerry Seinfeld meets street corner hustler.]
He can sure sing. He does the boy band hand motions too!! And he makes funny faces. But he sounds fantastic. My favorite so far.

Jason Yeager
LONG TRAIN RUNNING
[One part Tom Cruise, three parts Brad Pitt, one part Cruella DeVille dressed like Johnny Cash.]
Surprisingly good white boy soul. He looked too happy, though. I thought he sounded better than the judges did. Obviously, they need to get rid of the pretty, dumb ones.

Chikeze
I BELIEVE
[Prep school tennis coach double polo and jeans.]
My favorite of the night! I knew he could sing it and sell it at the same time. And I truly don’t think he thought about saying you can’t wear something on tv twice. Hee…

David Cook
ALL RIGHT NOW
[10th grade boy in his first battle of the bands jeans and black – natch – tee.]
Okay, I do like that he called himself a word-nerd, but I still can’t stand him He sounded okay and he plays okay. But I am hoping that they send him away. It was nice of him to invite Endora and Vanessa Redgrave to watch him. And yet he is the new Constantine. I hate his hair.

David Archuletta
IMAGINE
[Jeans, leather jacket and a blue tee that it appears his Nana got to with her bedazzler.]
I HATE THIS SONG WITH THE PASSIONATE INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS! (Unless John Lennon is singing it.) And yet, I really did like Little Davy’s ™ version. He is the one to beat. (Hey, just as I typed that Simon said it! Now I shall type, Brunie is pretty. Say it Simon. Say it dammit!!)

I can’t stand the way that Simon dissed David Cook’s film about crosswords. He really did make the point that stupidity sells. And screw that. I mean, I hope David Cook leaves, but still – there is no shame in crosswords! Word searches, sure, but not crosswords!

Okay – So I am afraid Luke Menard and Jason Yeager are leaving. But I really hope that it is David Cook and Michael Johns (yeah right…)

I actually voted tonight. I don’t want Chikeze going home and I don’t want Danny Noriega going home. So I voted once for Danny and 3 times for Chkeze (I have a little crush. It’s those tiny teeth in his great big smile. And the hot hot voice. Yeah, I’ll say your name is Chkeze!) My little co-viewer wanted me to vote for Michael Johns so I did call once. And he wanted me to vote for Little Davy ™, but the line remained busy every time I tried. I think he is safe…

And now, to bed!

Brunie, OUT!

3 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

Mimosa shares my love for David Cook. I told her that you and Mrs C both dislike him, and she said, "Then they are the real nerds." !!!

xox
Lady C

Unknown said...

You so need DialIdol to power vote!!! I have 122 in for Danny so far! I'm voting for Luke too. I want to see him one more time and give him one more chance. A friend of mine says he should wear only white boxers next time! Since it's 80's week next week, I'm hoping for tight leather pants!

kristine said...

Why not a whole show in boxers?!? That's what gets my vote. I still like dreds boy, and really want to give 2 first names another chance. The rollingstone song threw me for a loop, he was GOOD - I thought he would be going home. Little boy with femininity was good, too - but still think this is the wrong competition for him. Liked the chickee boy, and someone is teaching wheezy to breathe through his nose and drop his mic - better, but still wheezy. I think the guy with the kid should go, and maybe Luke because the name is easy to remember, and he would do well with a boxers themed performance - singing, thst is! :)