Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not without surprises

As my fabulous and observant co-bloggers have already written - some of the worst performers last week turned out to be some of the best this week, and some of the best last week were the worst this week. My quick takes:
Boy 1 - One of the Davids who was great last week. This song was pitched WAY TOO HIGH for him, and it seemed like it was too fast for him to sing as well. Not good.
Boy 2 - Happy Dread Boy - it was almost OK.
Boy 3 - Maybe you should never sing Killer Queen without a band. And without Freddie Mercury. Ick. And if you don't know how to pronounce Moet & Chandon, just ask someone, dude.
Boy 4 - Robbie gettin' the NASCAR vote. Have I mentioned that NASCAR is one of the most moronic wastes of time and resources in the universe? Although Foreigner is NOT on my list of fave bands, I do have a soft spot for this song due to the following anecdote from my wild youth. I was at a New Year's Eve Party circa 1979 when slinky Danskin leotards and wrap skirts were all the rage. I was wearing said skimpy leotard and skirt with killer heels, and this was when a PERFECT BODY belonged to me. A bitchy jealous woman at the party says to my then boyfriend, "Isn't she freezing?" He replied, "She's Hot Blooded". Nice.
Boy 5 - I hated Miss Noriega so very much last week, but damn, he did OK last night! And I like that he acknowledged that last week was a big ol' mess.
Boy 6 - David with slanted nose did OK. I think that next week he will be even better and full of confidence after all the positive reinforcement from the judges.
Boy 7 - Jason is so fake and vegas-y and I really don't like him. Buh-Bye.
Boy 8 - CH-CH-CH-Cheezy - Another one whom I HATED last week, but did VERY WELL this week. Just DO NOT TALK BACK TO SIMON.
Boy 9 - I could hear the sound of Lady C. and Brunie falling for this kid as soon as he said "word nerd". He sounded very good but please stop winking at the camera. No one should wink at the camera while singing. EVER. Also, same advice as Cheboygan - do not talk back to Simon.
Boy 10 - Tiny Blues Brother. This song makes even the most cynical, cold-hearted MF'ers cry. So, that means me. This kid is so natural, so sincere, can he be real?? I think that it will be very very very difficult to beat this kid. Just a beautiful performance.
Let's see if any of the girlies can surprise me tonight.
Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

3 comments:

BrunhildeCrow said...

"I could hear the sound of Lady C. and Brunie falling for this kid as soon as he said "word nerd"."

Well, you're half right. I loathe him. He is my least favorite.

And quit making fun of Chikeze. He's a sweetie pie!

Lady Chardonnay said...

And lay off NASCAR, too. It soothes the masses. And the commercials are funny.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to cow-tow to the special interest groups like Nascar and Chickacheezy lovers. You two have clearly taken large contributions from these groups to defend them. I, however, can be really mean to any group at all.