Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I'm a huge word nerd"

(Me too! Me too! I love you, David Cook! But I'm getting ahead of myself)

So about those boys . . .

What an odd night! Last week's golden boys, Michael Johns and Jason Castro, were strangely ordinary; last week's train wreck Chikezie was one of the breakout stars; Luke Menard and Danny Noriega really stepped up; and the only sure thing seems to be little munchkin David Archuleta (gee, what rhymes with "anointed"?). Oh, and that Robbie will STILL be trying to convince Simon that he's authentic, right until the day he's voted off. Keep fightin' the good fight, Robbie.

David Hernandez, who performed quite well on Week 1, did an awesome "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." Not sure why every judge forgot they liked him fine last week, but whatever. Tonight they loooooove him, and that's a good thing.

Personally, I love me some David Cook, my confident rocker, I have from Day 1, and charisma is in the eye of the beholder, SIMON. This cat's got charisma to burn, in my book. Love his voice, love his stage presence, love his UN-BORING CROSSWORD PUZZLE ADDICTION (grrrr! my rage is still at "simmer"), love love love him. He is my favorite boy. (Lady Darcy, check out this guy; doesn't he look like my long-lost love, the Wedding Singer?)

Going home on Thursday, pretty much for sure, is poor ol' Jason Yeager (hair streak), who we never saw before and who never really had it going on. Joining him—that's a crapshoot. Jason C, Luke, Danny? Those seem the likeliest. But I really don't know.

I voted for David Cook, Chikezie, and David Hernandez, and Mimosa asked me to vote for Jason Castro ("I'd like to touch his hair," she said), and had no trouble getting through for any of them—not a good sign, usually. We shall see.

Bring on the singing girls!

Lady Chardonnay, still seething but less so, and OUT.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

David C. is the Rocker. Robbie should sing Justin Timberlake (I swear he did a couple of his moves tonight). I'm also glad it's not just me having an easy time getting my votes in. I use DialIdol and so far have had NO busy signals. Like I said on my bog, I'm still waiting for someone to blow me away like Elliott did. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I will check out David Cook when I can and let you know. Will he last until next week? Thursday is Lost/Survivor night for me so I assume the results show will conflict with that. Man oh man, I am just going to have to break down and start watching this show, aren't I?!
Yours ever so,
Lady Darcy

Anonymous said...

Okay, thanks to TVGuide.com, I looked up a picture of young Mr. Cook and lordsy, yes, he DOES look like your Wedding Singer Lost Love!! I can certainly see the appeal for you.
Also a Word Nerd,
Lady Darcy