Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hey Hey Paula!


I am on a chat list (Hi IDOL CHATTERS!) with my pal Ms Southern Fried Lawyer and she wrapped up the episode for me neatly - "I think the performances tonight were largely forgettable. I think Lil was, by far, the best (I could have done without the plea for votes in the song, though). I think she, Scott and Jorge go through.....IMHO the tears sealed it for Jorge." Well said, SFL.

As far as the non Jorge, Scott and Lil performances (all three of which I liked far more than I have liked them in the past - except Lil's "call this show" thing which made me groan) the one that surprised me was Von. He has done nothing but irritate me from the get to, and I really enjoyed him for the first time.

Also, Ju'not, who I liked the whole time, did a wonderful thing - he made me not want to rip out my own throat hearing HEY THERE DELILAH, the whiniest little turd of a song ever. He sounded good. Although I do think they gushed a little more than was necessary.

I liked last night much better than the previous two "cutting-heads" rounds. Although I have to say, most of the girls made me sleepy with the exception of that little country singer in the yellow dress who had some pep to her, even if her voice was a little shrill. And I kind of liked the "Janie come lately" stay-at-home-mom. She said "Oh my gosh!' instead of "Oh my God!" which always endears me to a contestant. It makes them seem more polite somehow.

I am very excited about the wild card round. I think that because they have double the boys, it is going to be at least 2 girls, if not 3 being chosen. This makes me sad for Anoop, because I think that he is lovely. Also, the fluffy haired keyboard guy who walked off stage in Hollywood. But it bodes well for that tiny little teenage girl from the diva group who has all the older sisters and maybe the annoying rocker-chick who needs it so bad and sounds like she smokes 15 packs of luckies a day. And maybe cute-as-a-button, who I was so proud of for not bursting into tears last night and who I adore because she wants to succeed without people focusing on her looks. HAH!! So sweet, but that will change. I loved Kara (who is, frankly more annoying than usual) saying, basically, "No, sister - pimp those looks! Sell it!"

And finally PAULA!!! Oh my gosh! She remembered everything everyone sang, she remembered names from weeks ago that no one else did. She gave thoughtful and intelligent advice. I LOVED HER SO MUCH. Stay Paula, stay just like this!

I will be fast forwarding tonight and watching with interest tomorrow!

Brunie-OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SFL is anxious to hear your thoughts about the eight selected for wild card. She is also enjoying speaking about herself in the third person.