Thursday, March 26, 2009

MOTOWN!

Oh how I love Motown - the city of my birth – FYI. After the Chevy Suburban I am Detroit’s greatest export!

Matt sang LET’S GET IT ON and he seemed all over the place. He did a squatty little dance. He has a great voice and he can play piano, but he is toothy and dull-ish.

Kris is singing HOW SWEET IT IS and I am kind of excited because I do like this song. He sounds good, but nothing that thrilling. I both he and Matt have great vocals, but it is a testimony to the quality of singers this season that I am not all that jazzed…

(Dare I admit that I can’t wait to see what Adam Lambert has for me tonight?)

Scott (still blind) sang YOU CAN’T HURRY LOVE. I am thinking that he will be eviscerated by the judges, but I thought it was he best performance so far! Of course I love honky-tonk piano. Simon got crayons and Scott was charming. I just wish he could sing better, because that is what it comes down to.

Megan Joy blew chunks with FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE. I could barely listen.

Anoop sang OOOOOH, BARBIE, BARBIE. I mean BABY, BABY – and it was kind of dull. It sounded like it always sounds. He has a nice voice and didn’t put me off my feed like Megan did, but his shirt was messy and he didn’t sell it. Such a nice boy, though.

Sarver is next with AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG. He says he is going to “take it to church” which is a phrase I find incredibly endearing. I am still looking forward to him leaving. Smokey tells him to BEG, dammit, but he still has his happy, dopey smile on. He is not feeling the song at all. And I am not feeling him.

Paula is back on her game again – I love smart Paula. She still talks crazy, but I kind of understand her crazy talk. And she knows what she is talking about. In other news, “I am being true to I am” is the most annoying thing you can say to me. Seriously, want to get slapped? Tell me you are being true to yourself. Why do people thing that makes them noble? I blame Shakespeare. Suck it, Shakespeare. And Sarver.

Lil sang HEATWAVE. She had a nice little history moment at Motown. And look at her with her hair down! I got a little teary when she went over to the back-up singers because she just looked to classic Motown. The song is kind of a cliché to me, but she sounded great. And good grief – I kind of agreed with RANDY for heaven’s sake. She still sounded great, and she looked great, but it wasn’t her best.

ADAM!!! Okay, I guess I have a favorite now. I am not poaching, Char, but he is the one I look forward to. And he asked Somkey what inspired him to write it. He is so respectful. And he looks all cute and Chris Isaacs-y! Man I wish I could go back in time and vote for him a million times.

L’il Danny is singing GET READY. I imagine he will sound good. And I laughed when he said “I was thinking – is that going to work? – of course it is going to work. He knows what he is talking about!” He sounds great. He has a good voice, and it is essentially the same performance as Lil, but he isn’t as pretty. So nothing great but he is safe for this week.

I am so glad Allison is in the pimp spot! And I love PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE. The guitar is so good - wocka-wocka-wocka. She sings real good, but the song seemed too short to me. I guess that is a good sign. Kara wet her pants over it. Simon drew a mustache on Paula. He can barely keep his stuff together he is laughing so hard over it.

The judges entertained me far more than the singers tonight - other than Adam, who I now will claim as my spiritual son. Even though that would make me a teen mom. But he was such an easy baby – always singing and cooing and painting his nails.

I am feeling the love this season – singing-wise Adam, Danny, Lil and Allison are my favorites. Personality-wise I just love Scott, Allison and Anoop. I could care less about Kris and Matt and I want Megan and Scott to die of thirst. KIDDING! But it make me laugh and laugh to think of Mr. Lady Chardonay saying that. My pal Honest Liz will often say it and we will laugh and laugh. This post is taking a disturbing turn. Everyone please stay hydrated. Even MJ and Sarver.

Brunie – OUT!

No comments: