Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lady Char Has Been RIght All Along!


Usually it takes me until the top 4 or so to realize that LC has been right about the charisma of whichever Idolette she has anointed as her fave. I have agreed from the beginning about Allison the teenage savant but I have missed the charm of Adam until tonight. You see, he makes me feel weird. Not like when you climb a rope in gym class - but like he is trying to entice me. And I wasn't buying.

But last night - RING OF FIRE was brilliant. He just was so weird I KNEW he was trying to FREAK ME OUT ON PURPOSE. It was amazing. I am listening to it for the fifth time as I type. For the first time since Chikeze, I wish the idols were allowed to sing a longer song! I have never denied that he has a killer voice, but this arrangement, performance and everything is the best of the season so far!

So to back up (I only saw up to Anoop last night and am forging ahead this morning - thanks TiVo! )

Sarver sang a song I don't care about and did fine and got a little shirty and earned a "Shut up Sarver!" from me. ("If we were all perfect we wouldn't need this show." Huh? Your logic mystifies me. And do we "need" this show? Well, okay, I guess I kind of do, but just to break the monototny. Shut up again, Sarver.

Allison was awesome as ever and her hair looked great.

Kris bored me beyond whatever singing whatever.

Lil maybe was next - sounding great as always. Looking great. They damned her with faint praise and Simon called her Little which seemed so demeaning, but she didn't bitch slap him. So yay Lil!

ADAM-O-VISION!! (see above)

Scott is still blind. He might by my favorite personality-wise. Simon and Paula got into a little bitch-fight over him being blind and tied to a piano. He was charming about it and I didn't have to shush him.

Pinky-Lee took my favorite Dolly song and made it dull. But she can sing and look cute at the same time. She got a little shirty too and I yelled at her a little.

Danny looked like Admiral Byrd and sounded freaking amazing and got to be a little Jesus-friendly as a bonus. The mama's and I all noticed that he is getting a littly jowly.

Anoop sounded great and the judges loved him. Yay, Anoop!!

Megan sounds weird. Is she Eartha Kitt or something? I like the way she toggles a song around and I like the quality of her voice - but her accent is weird. I think she is going to flummox the judges. She sure is purty, though. Let's see what they think! Randy was nice and he called right up front that she is sick. Carla was supportive. Yikes, hospital! I am glad they were nice and I am glad there was a reason for the weirdness.

Matt is in the pimp spot. I forgot he plays the piano! He sounded great but I don't care about that stupid song. He can really play and sing. Technically, he is really good. I just am not interested in him.

To look over everyone - Sarver and Kris and Pinky are the weak ones for me. And they weren't even bad - just dull. Watching the "these are the numbers" recap, they were really good tonight! I wasn't gripped last night, but watching this morning, it was really enjoyable. Huh...

Brunie - OUT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm happy to see the Adam Love here! On a night when everyone played it safe and did county (or at least tried to), he remained true to himself and stunned everyone. Those notes he hit were amazing!