Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Talented Season

I think this is the season o'talent beyond any other year, mostly because I have so little hatred for any of the contestants.

Oil guy: Just OK, again, he is out of his league and likely doomed owing to his lead-off spot.

Lil: She looked beautiful tonight, the hair, make-up, and dress were very classy and suited her perfectly. She sang well, but since I do not know that song, I was confused. The first verse is about going to the fair, and then she went straight to the chorus about Independence Day, but clearly important information from verse 2 was missing! I mean what happened at the fair to make her declare that it was her Independence Day?? It can't be happy.

Blind guy: BORING! Dude, time to go. It is painful to watch him try to deal with choreography on the results night shows. Those group numbers are so attrociously High School musical, it's bad enough, but with someone having to lead him around to the music, it's cringetastic.

Rocker Girl Allison: I LOVE her voice. I WANT her to add 2 parts brunette to her next hair dye session.

Danny: He is the only one whose voice brings a tear to my eye. He is GREAT, and I am still counting him in the finale.

Alexis: I found her much less annoying than last week. She had a couple of little pitch issues, but she looked and sounded very nice.I want her bit of pink hair to grow out until there is just 1/8" of it showing. Then it will be cool. Have you noticed I'm picky about the dye jobs?

Anoop: Not as hideous as last week, but, like Oil guy, he is out of his league. If teeny girls and teeny girls at heart don't vote like madpeople, he could go soon.

Anime Hair Boy: Hmm. That was very interesting. I am not sure that I like his arrangement but I give him all props for doing something different and for his total commitment to his decision. Those high notes he hits continue to amaze, but I still find him fakey. And does he always have to have something shiny hanging off him? I hate those visible silver zipper pants he seems to wear every week too. You've got to hand it to him for being who he is. But, I would not want him over for dinner. I bet he's a pain in the neck vegan or something!

Megan: Many cannot stand her, but I am not among them. I enjoy her quirky pronunciation, and her little dance. I think her quirks are authentic and organic. And for crying out loud, if only I could look that beautiful with the flu. I like her a lot no matter what anyone else says. And Walking After Midnight is one on a very short list of country songs that I can tolerate.

Forgettable Guitar Boy, tonight without guitar: He is good. He is kinda in a no-mans land (maybe with Megan) between the bottom tier of Anoop and Oil Guy and the uppermost tier with Danny, Lil, Adam and Matt.

Matt: I was hoping for a Ray Charles song from him last night. However, he is mad talented and I love him. He is, as a colleague said, like Justin Timberlake's less handsome cousin.

As stated, it is an extremely talented group this year with Danny, Matt, Lil, Adam, and Allison all worthy of the title. I bet more hit records come from this season than any other. I'm feeling a goodbye to Blind Guy or Oil Guy tonight. We'll see. At least country night is over with for this season.

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

5 comments:

Barb said...

Didn't you hear that they are also having Country Western night? This was Grand Ole Opry - they are completely different! I thought you know...

Anonymous said...

LOL - Vegan Adam.
Cindy in SC

Unknown said...

I don't know if you've found this out already but you did miss some important info in Lil's song. Here it is in a nut shell. The mom of the girl that goes to the fair is being abused by the girl's dad. It's been going on a long time. While the girl was at the fair, the house burns down. It's unclear, but I think that both parents were inside the house because the girl is "sent to the county home." It's not a song I would have picked.

Lady Chardonnay said...

Thank you, Kristi - it really didn't make sense without that important info!!

Lady Chardonnay said...

Barb - NOOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOORE COOOOUUUNTRY!!