Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"You can be artistic, but not on this show."

So - the show entertained me last night! And through the joy of insomnia, I am able to get this post up early.

So LIL started us out and she looked and sounded great. I can see why they push her so hard. She seems like she can be huge if she wants to. I even liked the arrangement of the song that I like anyway!

SCOTT is so sweet. He's blind you know. He did okay, his playing is better than his singing. The judges seemed to give him a tongue bath, but the non-cynical me loves having him on the show. There is no way he can go to the end of the competition, but I like how they are making compensations for him in a natural way - having the guys sing from the couch in the group sing last week. He is opening people's eyes to living with disabilities. (heh) As a temporarily partially blind person, I appreciate what he is doing for our people.

Who knew DANNY Gokey would be so awesome? I have to say that the whole dead wife thing was getting on my nerves. (Not his personal response to it and I think he handled it pretty well. But his supporters and the show were all like, "Looky, looky - tragedy!") He kicked butt on PYT! He sang beautifully. Simon likened him to Michael MacDonald, and I agree. And I thought his dancing was cute!

Oil Rigger MATT (I wish we knew what you do for a living?" - Simon. HA!) didn't impress me last night, but just now when I was typing about Danny in the above paragraph I was listening in the background and it sounded, frankly, amazing! I think he sang passionatly. Also, just a shout out to Paula who is making me love her this season! I wonder if it is the spectre of Kara (who I am liking less as the season progresses. She must practice sucking in her cheekbones.) being the "together" one is making her pick up her game. Or maybe she is just awesome.

I like JASMINE - she is as cute as a button singing I'LL BE THERE (yay!). And has a beautiful voice. She just doesn't seem to have that "something". However, Carrie seemed dull as dirt for the first half of her winning season, so I am not writing her off yet.

KRIS sounded good and looked cute (That jawbone -I could slay a lion with it!) singing DO YOU REMEMBER? Did you see his wife's face when Simon said she should have kept her hidden. She was NOT impressed. Ha! "Very well job done, baby" says Randy. Jacob from TWoP (one of the three things Lady Char and I disagree on - bedtimes and the food pyramid are the other two) has refused to recap what Randy says because it is usually so much nonesense. I see his point...

ALLISON sounds great and reminds us that she is "ethicnic" too. Her outfit is gross, but she sounds great. I don't really like the song, GIVE IT TO ME . Wilbur asked, "Give her what?" Mrs. Mama (who is trying to fatten me up - she puts out the best snacks when we go over to watch!) immediatly lept in - "Feelings! She wants feelings!" heh...She is so goofy, I like her a lot. (I meant Allison, but Mrs. Mama, too!) She sounds great and I think she is working on the personality. And bringing the relavent teen issue of cutting into the mainstream. I don't know if people caught that, but I did laugh. (I know, it isn't funny. But it was such a teenage girl think to say.)

Oh ANOOP! (And stop calling him AnoopDog - he is a grad student for heaven's sake...) I am typing this before listneing to the judges so I can not be influenced. (We had to leave the Mama's house after Allison because sometimes there are bedtimes... So I am watching the rest now. Thanks, TiVo!) He didn't sound his best, even I - who don't notice these things - heard his vocals slip a couple times. But he looked so cute and fierce-ish and dangerous. You know, for him. Like he might just poke the air near his enemies with his index finger and tell them that he is really disappoint in their inability to talk it out like civilized people. And his mom is the cutest thing ever! I can't believe that the judges hated it! I hope that people don't listen. Can I just point out that Micheal Jackson has less testosterone than my 92 year old grandma! How did he get away with it? Come on America - don't disappoint me - if you liked Slumdog, you'll love Anoopdog! (Okay, I will pimp him a little...)

JORGE is going to sing NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE - my favorite J5 song! His outfit is my favorite of the night. Man, he looks normal! He sounds pretty, a little run-happy. The arrangement isn't my favorite. But I do hope he isn't cannon fodder. It seemed week at first. And I kind of agreed with Randy. Shocking! And Paula - is she taking reality pills? She is like a real person tonight. And Simon is kind a bitch. Have you noticed?

Lord, I am tired of Micheal Jackson...

MEGAN'S mom is a TEENAGER! I am glad they show her mom taking care of the baby. You know, Lil mentioned her kids too. And Matt's homely little girl (sorry, but really - I am sure she'll get cuter...) got to be at the show. Double standard? Anyway - I don't love Megan's voice, but I think she kicks some butt with her vocals and she has cute little dance moves. And she CAWS at the end! How cute! I kind of loved her tonight. She has some nice little quirky bits. Wow, they didn't like her and it was the first time I have really liked her.

Oh Lady Char, in addition to bedtime, Jacob and the food pyramid, there is also ADAM. I think he is adorable. He seems funny and personable, but his performance style irritates me. The little moues the hip swinging, these things make me crazy. He has great stage presence and amazing talent. I think he will go far and I LIKE him. But I don't enjoy watching him perform. I don't know if it because he is SO polished. And what does this song mean? I know it is about equality and the message is good. But "If you're thinking about my baby, it don't matter if you're black or white." Um, okay - is he saying, "Please think about my baby." or is he saying "I am going to kick your ass if you are thinking about my baby, regardless of your background."? It is a puzzle.

I have been reserving judgement on MATT. I wasn't a big fan at first, but piano players make me happy. And his playing doesn't seem to impede his vocals. He sings HUMAN NATURE which was a big hit the summer before my senior year of high school and reminds me of pretending to be in college and sneaking into dive bars. He sounds pretty and he is growing on me. His mom and dad are cute as buttons. (I can't stop! Buttons are cute, dammit! But Kara brought it up...) And not to be obsessed with race (Although I have mentioned it a few times this post. But Adam brought it up!) is his mom biracial? In his baby pictures, she appeared to be - but her unfortinate current-day hairstyle is throwing me off.

ALEXIS is making sure we know she is a good mom, too. You betcha. Her dad looks like Joel from MST3K but all doughy. Before she even starts, I am excited because they have put her in the pimp spot. But frankly, I am not that impressed. Her vocals are pretty good. Her outfit is slutty. She kind of got rushed through in the comments because ths show was running over. And she is going to get hosed over the phone number inconsistancy. Perhaps this will be the first time the last singer was sent home this early in the competition.

Okay, if we are going by singing - Scott and Anoop going home.

But if we are looking realistically - Jasmine or Alexis or Kris or Jorge or can you tell I have no idea?

My faves? Danny, Matt and surprisingly Megan!

I am so excited about tomorrow. Wow, I was entertained for nearly the whole two hours nearly.

Brunie - OUT!

2 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

Hee! One more thing we disagree about: whether you should flaunt your gorgeous sexiness or dress like Mother Teresa.

xoxo
Lady C, who wishes she looked as cute in her little black dress as you did that time

Anonymous said...

moue?

The problem with your temporary partial blindness is I can't tell if these are typos or hip/foreign words that I am too sheltered and uncool to know.