Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not the best night for some favorites...

Thank God we get to listen to some excellent songs tonight! I enjoyed the Motown episode, and my critique goes something like this...

Matt: Matt's segment with Smokey was really touching. Man, how great must it be for Smokey to tell you that Marvin Gaye would have loved your version of his song! WOW! Matt was great and I continue to feel the love for him.

Kris, formerly Forgettable Guitar Boy: I did not forget guitar boy this week, and in fact I think that was his best performance. How sweet it is is a very simple song that could have been boring, but he did a very nice job with it. Good for you Memorable Guitar Boy!

Blind Kid: Sheesh. Can we please let him go home now with his boring and old-fashioned should be singing in a Christian "rock" band self.

Meghan: I love me some Meghan but she was just terrible last night. All off-key and messy. Pull it together, Meghan!

Anoop: He did a perfectly respectable job, but he is not thrilling me at all.

Oil Guy: Not good, Dude. You may have some of that country soul but you do not have any of that soul soul. That was really painful. Buh-bye?

Lil: I agree with Brunie that Lil and Danny had the same problem last night. Too rushed. They both have these big, cool, need some open air kind of voices, and very fast songs like they chose coop their voices up in gray cubicles. Stay mid-tempo and slower, kids!! And Brunie, that was a wig! Lil's hair has not grown four inches in one week!

Slicked back anime hair boy, Adam: Wow. Adam and his shiny things hanging off him self has been kind of annoying in previous weeks in spite of his big upper range vocals. But last night he was GREAT. EXCELLENT. SUBDUED YET EXCITING. And I really liked his retro 1960's suit. His best performance.

Danny: As previously stated, Danny picked a too-fast song like Lil. I love him, he is great and wonderful, but last night was not his best performance.

Allison: I continue to totally love me some Allison. Papa was a Rolling Stone is a super-cool song, and she sang it brilliantly! I still want browner tones to her hair, and the outfit was hideous, but her vocals are totally killer. She did blow a few lyrics, but covered it pretty well. She kicks ass!

I've decided that four judges is too many. There is too much time spent listening to them. And Kara is starting to bug me, all her artistry talk, who are you as an artist... She does have a point, but I am sick of her. Three judges is enough already.

I can only hope that the Blind, the Oily or the Anoopy go home tonight.

Love & Kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

1 comment:

BrunhildeCrow said...

Wigs never occur to me as a possibility. I always assume magic feats of hair growth. But now that you say it, it makes sense...