Wednesday, May 10, 2006

At Least Lady C and Mrs. C didn't Wreck His Marriage...

Holy crap! I didn't see that coming at ALL! Really, second only to who blew up the bus on Veronica Mars, this is the biggest surprise of the TV season for me. I could have seen anyone else going home before Chris. I want to yell "Do overs!"

I thought for sure Kat would be going home and I had hoped for Taylor. Good grief. I am stunned.

I guess Chris was not as good as usual last night, but Kat was downright BAD. Taylor really sounded great on "In the Ghetto" and Elliot (who usually makes me snore) completely charmed me with "Evil" and I even liked the other we-are-the-world-y one.

Could it be that we are going to have an 87 year old Idol or an Idol in an iron lung? Kat is an excellent singer and pretty pretty, but there is already Kelly Clarkson (whose name I always picture Steve Carrell screaming) and Carrie Underpants.

Am I demented? The idea of an Elliot/Taylor match up is becoming less weird to me. Although I never saw the Reuben/Clay-off so maybe it is not as strange as it feels to me. I guess I am surprised that the 2 least marketable people in the whole top 12 are still in the running.

Confused and full of processed meat products (Pyramid? There is a pyramid made of food?) I remain,
Brunie

No comments: