Tuesday, May 09, 2006

You Say Tomato I Say Duck Billed Platypus...

Remember how Lacy C. said that we have different opinions and then went on with all her loving optimistic expectations for tonight? Once again we are not on the same page. (I used to think we were evil twins, but now I am not so sure. Maybe we are evil fraternal twins? Or evil sisters who are only one grade apart?)

You know how it is when you are playing checkers with your kids and eveyone has gotten to the point where all your pieces have been kinged and you are just wandering around the board either a) trying to keep from winning too quickly or b) trying to keep them from humiliating you too quickly depending on which kid you are playing? That is what Idol feels like to me. Everybody has been kinged. There is no one left who I really am rooting for. I hope Kat or Chris wins because I think ultimatly they are the most American Idol-y. But if Elliot wins - he has a beautiful voice so good for him. And if Taylor wins it will be a big WTF? moment for America but ultimatly hilarious watching Simon have an apoplectic seizure on TV.

But it is not glorious for me. I am more excited about the peanut buster sundae I got at Dairy Queen this afternoon and which is waiting patiently for me in the freezer. And I am WAY more excited about the finale of Veronica Mars this evening. You can bet that Lady C. will get no voting done this evening because I will be calling her to SQUEE every commercial!

But I soldier on, knowing that I will be pulled in the minute I hear the dreadfully dull duh duh de duh music and see the ambi-sexual idol walk the catwalk. And perhaps there will be pelvis shaking.

Living in hope I remain,
B. Crow (whose children go to bed at a perfectly reasonable hour)

No comments: