Monday, May 15, 2006

The Man That Got Away

Oh, Chris. You will be missed.

(It would be worth going to a concert, just to see Chris duck all the flying panties and hybrids. Who'd a thunk that a growly-voiced bald fellow in a cowboy hat, with some "interesting" facial hair choices, devoted to his wife and stepchildren, would become such a white-hot sex symbol?!)

For what it's worth, Taylor got at least three lyrics wrong on "In the Ghetto," and the Katharine floggers can go way back and sit down. I'm just saying.

I have little else to add, though Mrs. Cynicletary urged me to share the following anecdote: As I was leaving the office last week, Stocky Accounting Guy called after me, "Nice boots!" I thanked him prettily and continued to pick my way across the street . . . then turned around and said, "You said boots, right?"

Just one more giddy moment in the diamond-studded life of Lady Char.

Many xxxxxxx's and ooooo's and mmmmm's to Chris, the dear departed . . .

Lady C OUT.

1 comment:

CindyinSC said...

LOL! Loved the "nice boots" anecdote.