Wednesday, May 03, 2006

American Idol medium well

That was kind of an odd show. Nobody was off the charts incredible and no one was terrible. If Idol was a steak it would be cooked medium well.

Elliot: Liked song one very much - liked the second one too. I hope that since it had a slight country-ish feel, that maybe those who would have voted for Kelli will vote for him. I tried to vote for him on auto-dial for two hours and never got through.

Paris - Good job, but I don't think anyone but Prince (or possibly Tom Jones) should do "Kiss". She did well with the Mary J.Blige song, even though I don't really care for Mary. Paris was good but still no spine-tingling action from her.

Chris -Song one - excellent. It was clear, as Simon pointed out, that his voice was starting to go on song two. I still like him very much, and tried to vote for him too, and never got through.

Taylor - Song one - I just did not like it. All the running and mugging and falling on the stage seemed contrived and fake. It seems like Taylor has let go of his organic, this-is-who-I-am style, and has become self-conscious. I was surprised by how well he performed "Something" - it was very good. I still did not try to vote for him, and think that he should go tonight. Somehow, I think that I will be disappointed.

Kat - Song one - not so good - I don't like that song anyway and she seemed kind of lost singing it. She did a great job with song two. I do like that song and appreciated her trying to do something creative and different with her delivery.

My choice would be for Taylor to say bye bye tonight. I hope that Elliot's song was not prophetic (the I want to go home one). I have a sinking feeling about Kat...I just don't know. At this point, with the exception of Taylor, I would miss whoever goes home.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

No comments: