Thursday, May 18, 2006

Next week the four horsemen of the apocolypse are coming by to watch the finale.

And why is that? Because I actually enjoyed Taylor the most this week!

My least favorite was Kat. Pretty, pretty Kat. (And I am a mere one degree of seperation from her. One of the women in my new teachers' group went to Boston Conservatory with her and says she is "quite nice".) But I was mildly surprised by how little I hated "I Believe I Can Fly", bored by the obvious Fantasia rip-off that was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which I know was beautiful but still bored me, and who knew what that last train wreck was? So - no love for Kat.

Elliot was fine. "Open Arms" was pretty good - if sharp. "What You Won't Do" was fine, too. But, um, sharp. And he wasn't sharp on the "I Always Wondered Why You Were Sleeping With Me Anyway" song.

But I liked all three of Taylor's performances. And I can't stand Taylor! But "Dancing in the Dark" was fine and it was cute when he danced with Paula. And "You Are So Beautiful" sounded great. Although he looked creepy as hell. Like he was terrified of the mic stand or the audience or of his own vulnerability. If his vulnerability had fangs claws and a big sign that said, "I am going to kill you Taylor." And I loved "Try a Little Tenderness". I knew he could sell it and he did. He even pre-paid some love because I didn't want to hurt him when he went all nutty at the end. I just smiled and said, "Oh that Taylor!" Of course I told him to shut the fork up when he shouted out to the Soul Patrol ALL BLOODY NIGHT LONG! Had Frank not been in the room, I wouldn't have even mentioned cutlery.

And so Elliot is gone. Good luck - or as I said in my pithiest bon mot of the day:
Scurry back to your iron lung, little hobbit!

Brunie, OUT!

No comments: