Thursday, April 13, 2006

acceptable

Taylor and Kelli really must have the aforementioned psycho fan bases, because the two of them should have been in the bottom three last night. Elliot - no way bottom three! Lady C., never gloat about how safe he is again! Ace could have gone and I would have been fine with that. I accept Bucky going too. Of course, I think Bucky did a good job on Tuesday, better than Kelli and Taylor, but, as I've said before, he is not the American Idol. Good luck to him and all his folks back home. Yeehaw.

Clearly we have to vote like the dickens for Elliot. Unless of course, he sings badly in which case I would become stone cold and not vote for him. I think he will be fantastic next week. This is the annoying phase of the competition when people vote personality and not performance. I also think that going first is a disadvantage on Idol. Bucky went first last time. I think Mandisa went first before that. Going last is very helpful. People remember better what happened two minutes ago versus say, a whole 45 minutes ago. Paris was last and she managed to stay out of the bottom three even though her song was wack!

All in all, an acceptable decision by America.

Another aging rocker next week!

Happy Easter/Passover/Spring,
Mrs. Cynicletary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A psycho Taylor fan checking in (I HATEHATEHATE Kellie with the white hot heat of a thousand suns). Here's why _I_ like him, but I say right up front that this doesn't account for his huge popularity:

My favorite singers have always been the Joe Cocker, Michael McDonald, Leon Russell, sing it like your DYING types. That is Taylor, and he's the only NEW one of that category I've seen in....well, twenty years? So I like me some Taylor.

That said, the three performers listed above clearly aren't the most popular singers in all the universe, so go figure.