Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is the queen of whom you speak?

queen
queen,
originally uploaded by thejoyofidol.
I am so uninterested in the music of Queen that I am surprised I recognize any of these songs. Even more surprised that I actually enjoy a few. Alas, I am under whelmed enough that I will be doubling up on paragraphs so I don't come as close to falling asleep while writing about it as I did watching in.

Bucky starts out with "Fat-Bottom Girls" - the song of my people. He is quite good. Sadly - he is followed by Ace. I laughed when one of the Queensmen - I don't know who, Freddie Mercury is the only one I ever recognized - refused to crap-ify "We Will Rock You" in the flash back. Way not to sell out. Except for the appearing on American Idol part.

Kellie Pickler (or Kellie Goes Goth-ler as Frank called her) makes me kind of like her with "Bohemian Rhapsody". It is weird as hell, but it amuses me as little else did. Chris on the other hand is forgettable with "Innuendo" and if they throw one more stupid-ass light show on stage with him I will send them a package of vomit. Hmmm... Perhaps that is a little harsh.

Kat sings something that made absolutely no impression on me at all but she looked great doing it. And she is followed by the amazing Elliott. He sounds great on "Somebody to Love". I do like this song and he makes it sound great.

Taylor is a freak of nature, but I'm not saying anything you don't already know if you've watched this show for more than 2 minutes. He sounds okay but has a full on seizure on stage. He flails at the music stand and runs amok as if tiny monkeys are pulling his hair and poking him with sticks. And to top it off he is singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" which is a stupid stupid song. But I live through it. Then along comes Paris and sings "The Show Must Go On" which sounds fine - but her look is what kills me. I love how she plays dress-up. She is really playing with the show's idea of a different theme more than anyone else. She looks more like her song than anyone. Kat and Kellie try to look hot. Chris tries to look cool. Elliot tries to look healthy. Taylor tries to look young. Ace tries to look straight. And Bucky tries to look like his parents weren't cousins. But Paris changes from week to week and I am a total sucker for it. She doesn't have to sing well - although she can - she just needs to show up and not be too stupid with Ryan and I am all hers.

I hope that TWop is right and it is Ace who will be returning to near obscurity this evening.

Brunie - OUT!

No comments: