Thursday, March 09, 2006

Boys and Girls Together

Since I zoned on reporting on the girls, I will just answer Mrs. Cynicletary's post with a resounding "Amen!" Mandisa was the sun and the rest of those other people were merely little fireflies. I actually rewound my cheap-ass video and watched her three times and I even cried a little over how much I love her. And I don't even like that song that much.
I also almost cried over how hard they are trying to sell Kellie Pickler. She was then, is now and forevermore will be fine. She's not going to win and quit trying so hard AI. You look like a whore (the show, not Kellie) and you drag that sweet, wholesome, trailerpark princess down with you. SaL-mon, indeed.

The teenaged boys didn't make me cry, but Frank did a little "I told you so" dance when I said Kevin did a nice job with "Starry, Starry Night" the only song ever written that you can't screw up by singing it too earnestly. I agree that he has the "granny vote". I liked Will's version of James Taylor's bland song that I can't remember because it is the only song ever written that you can't screw up by singing it too blandly. I agree that he will have the "middle-aged vote". And as far as Gideon is concerned - he sounded great on "When a Man Loves a Woman" a song that can actually be screwed up but good (see Michael Bolton) but he really must be listened to only when singing. I was embarrassed for humanity when he said he "knew how to love a woman". I am still shuddering internally. I predict he has the blind and muting the conversation vote.

Taylor had a seizure on stage but managed to sing some nice Doobies. Chris sounded the exact same as last week, but that was good. I voted for Bucky (or his twin brother, I can't remember which) because he and his brother are named Bucky and Rocky. It is very likely that these are the names that are on their birth certificates people! He is 28 and still wears a ponytail. He needs this.

I had to go to the idolonfox.com page to remember that Elliot and Ace exist. Elliot because he made no impression at all - other than that he is generally unhealthy and should be in an iron lung rather than a cut-throat singing competition. And I am pretty sure that I just blocked Ace out of my mind completely. Wow, he sucked. He is the boy-Kellie. Do not sell me this pretty, stupid thing. Stop right now, AI. I know your evil tricks.

I can't wait to see Ace and Elliot voted off - but I assume I will be seeing Gideon and one of the other teen-boys.
I can't wait to see Ayla and Katherine voted off - but it will be Melissa and Kinnik. I think they actually have "expendable" tattooed on the back of their necks. Sad...

And I am sure that Lady C, who did not even tell me that she is way out west this week won't even be checking this blog - much less posting - so feel free to leave bitchy comments about her using florid language!

Brunie, OUT.

No comments: