Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I "Wonder" about Melissa

How could she forget the words? She is in the final twelve on American Idol, she sings with STEVIE WONDER, one of the most gifted singer/songwriters EVER, and she forgets the words. On live TV. Goodbye Melissa, goodbye. You CANNOT forget the lyrics - ever! And how could Simon forgive her so easily? I think she must have sung well in dress rehearsal (which is what they show at the end when they flash the voting numbers) and he must have had a lingering good impression from that. She must go tonight.

Mandisa was very good, I voted for her. She looked pretty too - nice hair. And I loved it when she let Ryan take off her shoes!
Elliot was very good, I voted for him. Did you notice the improvements in his dental work already?
Kelli was boring and looked too old, I did not vote for her. I honestly thought she was going to fall off of those shoes.
Ace was off and I did not vote for him. Simon used the right adjective - manic.
Bucky was OK. The hair though - too girly - I think the stylists introduced him to conditioner. Keep it in a ponytail, Dude.
Kevin looked ridiculous, I did not vote for him. I could barely stand to watch him. He should go next after the aforementioned Melissa.
Lisa was OK. She is so not soulful, though, and kinda boring. I did not vote for her.
Katherine was great, I voted for her. She will be final four at least. She is absolutely gorgeous!
I like Taylor more every week. He is fun and full of the spirit! His voting line was busy the longest.
Paris was great, I voted for her. I am still waiting for her to break out and give me goosebumps.Come on, Paris!
Chris is excellent, and I voted for him. He is cool and chill and hot at the same time. He will go far.

It was an entertaining show, and the reactions of each of the kids when they met Stevie Wonder was very touching. Even to the cynical.

Love & kisses,
Mrs. Cynicletary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd send Kevin home before Melissa, but otherwise I'm with you. I used to think of Kevin: "Nice kid, too bad he can't sing." But the whole thing seems to be going to his head now and he no longer even seems like a nice kid to me.

Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate - Unless someone really screws up, I think next week will be the last for tiny little Kevin.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm not getting the Katherine love. Yes, she's beautiful. Yes, she can sing...technically. BUT, where's the SOUL???? Her eyes are dead when she sings. Just NO performance charisma at all.

UNLIKE Taylor, of course, but that's another post!