Saturday, March 11, 2006

Goodbye Gedeon...

smile
smile,
originally uploaded by thejoyofidol.
My tribute to the biggest teeth in America!

Kinnik's invitation to leave, I expected. I knew that Gedeon and his scary teeth would go. I was not surprised about Will. But I must admit Ayla threw me.

I though Kinnik's speech was classy. And Will was not altogether unsurprised and very poised for a teenager. I felt so bad for Ayla - she really didn't see this coming. But she managed to get through her song and didn't lose her shit. I was pretty impressed.

Gideon, oh would that he inhabited a planet of the blind and impervious to weirdness! His voice is to pretty and smooth. But oh sweet Bessie he is strange. It was telling that they hosed him last so that he could end the night with a strong performance. And did you all get his little shout-out to Jesus? I don't know how I fell about that. As a big fan of Jesus I loved it when Mandisa put Simon in his place with the holy fire of her sanctified forgiveness. But Gedeon just belched out a little "I am saved..." under his breath and then asked America to pray for him. I am restraining myself mightily from listing the multitude of specific areas in which we could focus our collective prayers.

So the top 12 are up. My family has chosen their champions. Frank has switched his allegiance to Chris from Kevin. He is apparently a realist. Harry is still in love with Frenchie - that's Paris for those of you not keeping up. Harry's friend Matt who slept over last night and watched the tape of Thursday's show with us is an Ace-man. And I am holding out hope for Mandisa. My husband Rich who has a loathe/hate relationship with Idol says that he is putting all his money on Stan. Then he said, "If I never hear anything else about it - I am the winner."

No comments: