Thursday, March 01, 2007

America Has Half a Mind...

Bravo, America for sending the hellacious Alaina home. I like her personality and her weirdness, but this is a singing competition (at least in the context of this paragraph) and she just wasn't as good as anyone else last night. And as much as I felt warmth towards Nick, he was also not one of the best. So I will wave him off with my hankie in the air and not a word of rebuke to the voters.

However - America, you suck for sending A.J. home. He was adorable and so so SO good. And even though Leslie was never going to win - she was not due to go home until NEXT week!

I have to admit that tonight was perhaps the best results show ever.

Nick sounded great singing off and he was so cool shaking hands with his boy-pals while he sang so much more smoothly than Tuesday night, even.

Alaina made me smile with her response of "charming" to the reminder of Simon's opinion from last night. And when Ryan asked Paula, and Paula alone, what advice she had for Alaina it was a kindness of the sort that makes me want Ryan to be visiting me in hospice care many years from now.

I was pissed when Sanjaya got a week's repieive - although I called it. But I did appreciate how very surprised he was and the genuineness of the hug he gave A.J. - although I bet those two were roommates so it probably wasn't the first time.

The low point for me was making Jordyn stand with Leslie. That should have been the stupid QUEEN OF THE NIGHT cow whose name I have forgotten on purpose because she is so lame. Now you know as well as I do that the Antonella isn't going home because she is too pretty and we know too much about her - but did you see the look on her face when Randy made it sound like she was going home? Seriously, it as much as said, "You can't be serious! Everyone knows I'm not going home!" I loathe her and I fear it is only going to get worse.

So America - get your thumb out of your butt and quit voting for Sanjaya and Antonella or I will do something rash. Or nearly certainly develop a rash.

Brunie, OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - I agree with you - AJ was great and so cute. I can't believe they voted him off so soon. Idiots