Thursday, March 08, 2007

Three Distinct Groups

I have divided the girls into three distinct groups:
the Suck-bags (Antonella and Haley),
the I-Don't-Cares (Gina and Sabrina) and
the Please-Don't-Leave-Me's (Jordyn, Lakeshia, Stephanie and Melinda)
just thought you'd like to know...

Here are tonight's placements and scores. I may add some opinions because,
unlike boys' night, I didn't slip into a coma while watching. The curve
is based on Melinda's perfect score. (My own version of "Don't Think
Twice It's Alright" from the ride to work only scored a 7.4. But hey,
its Dylan - how much does the singing really mean, anyway?)

Jordyn - Heartbreaker
fourth place - 7.9
I think this song is crap, but she did a nice job and I liked her little trills and the interesting spin she puts on the ends of her phrases.

Sabrina - Some Crap
sixth place - 6.2
I was disinterested. I like Sabrina's voice generally and if she makes it
long enough to show some personality on the show it would be nice.

Antonella - Put Your Records On (and set my ears on fire)
seventh place - 5.1
She just isn't as good a singer as the other women! At least she is "herself". I think her "herselfiness" will help her in this show that is "Herself-ican Idol". Man, I hate it when people 'nad up and argue with Simon. Or when they talk to Ryan as if Simon can't hear.

Haley - If My Heart Had Wings (if would fly out of my chest attempting to escape the suck of this song)
eighth place - 4.2
I hate to place her lower than Antonella because she is more likeable
to me, but she is - as Simon so cruelly pointed out - completely
forgettable. At least Antonella could be one of those vapid pop stars -
she has some sex appeal and is unique looking. This girl is a
mannequin. She is Kate Jackson. She is one of those generic Barbie
dolls named Nancy or something.

Stephanie - Do Me Now or I Will Sing More Slightly Dirty Stuff
second place - 8.4
I know that Lakeshia
has the better voice, but Stephanie has the moves and the coolness
factor and I just think she is great. I didn't love this song, but she
sounded great.

Lakeshia - Something Slow About Arms
third place - 7.4
She didn't blow me away this week. She always sounds great, bud she didn't do anything spectacular this week.

Gina - Drunken Evanescence Song
fifth place - 8.2
I don't like her voice or style that much, but she did sound great tonight. And I think she is likeable, personality-wise. But as we all know, this is a singing contest.

Queen Melinda of the Universe
first frickin' place - 10+
Man, she was so good I watched it three times in a row. (Thank you, TiVo!) Her voice, her cute little giant head. Her equal opportuinity OCD!
I love her so much! If I chew something three times on one side of my
mouth, it is only fair to chew three times on the other side! Yes, that
is exactly right! We are sisters of the soul. I am the small headed
sister who sings okay. She is the big-headed singer who rocks to such a
degree that it can't be measured on a human scale but must be measured
by Simon's sexy-faced "Kittycat to Tiger Scale"! And we're all the better for it!

If the suckbags and Sanjaya don't go home tonight I am going to hold my breath -til I turn gay!
(and I will send a present to whoever identifies the source of my
threat...)

Brunie, taking a look at the ladies and thinking,
"Sure, its a life change - but AI is an important singing competition."

2 comments:

Lady Chardonnay said...

Your "song titles" make me ROTFL!!

Lady Chardonnay said...

Hey, I LOVE Kate Jackson! And it's funny that we both referenced Angels in our posts.

I tried to watch Melinda three times on my VCR but just couldn't figure out how. I ejected the clunky video...attempted to turn spindle with fingers...what am I doing wrong? Gee, if only I had some futuristic technology like yours, 'cause otherwise I have no option to see something a second or third time! None!

xox
L.C.